Now it's your time to join the #1 bank in the Middle East and one of the most prestigious financial companies in the region. Shaking up the world of banking requires a lot of smarts and skill. We're looking for the brightest and best to help us reach our goals and we'll also help you reach yours. Your success is our success as you grow stronger in your career. Join us and leave a legacy of your own, as a pioneer in both the company and the industry.
Job Description JOB PURPOSE:
Reporting to the Head of Regulatory Compliance, the main responsibilities of this role is to raise Regulatory awareness on thematic topics across the Bank to ensure the business understands the regulations and can overcome any implementation barriers and delays.
The role holder will also co-ordinate with International to provide Regulatory awareness support related to international regulations and to manage the Regulatory Compliance awareness within the wider Compliance function. Key Accountability:
- Build and maintain productive business relationships with management from both HO and International Locations and have clarity on new and existing regulations on a group-wide basis and be able to work cross-functionally and across the regions to effectively deliver the role purpose.
- Assist the business to understand and implement new regulations by correctly developing ongoing awareness around the regulations.
- Keep abreast of related rules, regulations and best practices and assess areas where additional awareness and clarity is required and update the business functions accordingly.
- Lead and manage the development of regulatory awareness within the FAB Group (HO and International).
- Identify the key regulations that will form the basis of the regulatory awareness syllabus for both HO and International.
- Develop the regulatory awareness framework, material and organise the logistics for communicating and delivering the awareness across the business teams in conjunction with L&D.
- Identify and quantify the risk and impact of non-compliance with the regulatory requirements in a practical manner and ensure this is clearly communicated via the awareness material.
- Identify the technical implementation barriers/ issues the business may face and how this can be covered as part of the regulatory awareness.
- Deliver the regulatory awareness using the most appropriate delivery channel to suit the complexity of the regulations.
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the regulatory awareness covers all the impacted business units.
- Assist the Head of Regulatory Compliance in other activities as needed and directed.
Qualifications Minimum Qualification
Minimum Experience and Required Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Management, Banking or Finance, preferably with certification in compliance, corporate governance, risk management or internal audit.
- At least 15 plus years of business experience with a Regulatory Compliance background in Banks
- Excellent understanding of Local, Regional and International rules and regulations
- Excellent Knowledge of banking business and operational risks.
- Strong interpersonal, people management and facilitation skills with good leadership skills
- Preferably bilingual, Fluent in English and Arabic with strong written and verbal skills
- Focused on driving tasks to completion with pace, whilst retaining a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Discrete and has sense for integrity and handles highly sensitive information with absolute confidentiality
- Good code of conduct and professionally competent to communicate with all levels of managment