See job description for details
To manage risk function and the implementation of an effective risk framework that includes the identification, measurement, control, monitoring and reporting of risk pertaining to Group's International locations (Subsidiaries, branches, Representative Offices)
The selected candidate will assist the "Head of International Risk Control & Governance, ERM" to build the newly established unit and expected to harness a strong Risk governance framework covering Group Franchise in International Location. Candidate is expected to be familiar with the policy development and management identifying key risks within the products and coverage across locations with understanding of key locations regulatory requirements.
The job holder will be responsible for travel onsite when required for implementing integrated risk management strategy; framework and control system to ensure the Group Franchise in International Location operates within an agreed risk appetite and complies with its group policy and external regulatory obligations.
In doing this, he/she will work closely with the Group Risk Management units to ensure the Group methodologies, policies, procedures and limit frameworks are established in International Location. Incumbents are expected to develop key stakeholder relationships and manage the implementation project that has high impact and short timelines. Strategic Contribution
• Ensure effective cascading of the functional strategy into department business plans to ensure vertical alignment and horizontal integration with other interfacing departmental strategies. Budgeting and Financial Planning
• Manage the preparation of the department budget and monitor financial performance versus the budget while ensuring all departmental activities are conducted in line with the approved guidelines. Risk Governance, Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
• Support the development of International Risk governance in rolling out the best framework in ensuring the related committees, functions are aligned with the Group target Operating model.
• In depth knowledge of ERM and familiarity on Credit risk, OPS risk, Fraud Risk, Market and Liquidity risk.
• Experience in developing policies, procedures and customisations for the respective locations as part business and regulatory requirement.
• Worked on Basel, IFRS -9, Risk appetite framework, model validations would be preferred.
• Knowledge of different regulators and their requirements in various functions would be an added advantage.
• Support the international locations on risk related functions by aligning with the respective functional heads in the head office in delivering the quality out with in the timelines.
• Manage and ensure effective implementation of Risk functional policies, procedures and controls covering all international locations so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements, fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
• Champion the development of a risk culture in international locations in order to drive heightened awareness and understanding of prudent risk management practices.
• Advise and provide guidance to the Head of Enterprise Risk Management, Credit Risk, Operational & Fraud Risk and senior management on technical aspects of international risks (including governance and regulations) so that key stakeholders are equipped with the necessary knowledge and capability to take risk-based decisions on behalf of the bank.
• Liaise with International Risk Committees (including Sub-Committees) to ensure risk oversight, provide guidance and support as necessary in order to enable the effective implementation of an effective risk management process. International Framework, Policy & Risk Appetite
• Assist in the management of risks through a robust risk control framework which outlines clear and consistent policies, principles and guidance for risk managers to ensure risks are mitigated, portfolio is diversified and concentrations are managed.
• Lead the development and implementation of risk policies, procedures, models, reports (for international locations) ensuring consistency, comprehensiveness, and adequacy in order to enable an effective risk framework and keep risk within the established risk levels.
• Develop and maintain a robust internal control framework, institute necessary systems, procedures and process to enable full control over the lending portfolio including exposures within discretionary powers, ensuring compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
• Advise the Head of Enterprise Risk Management, Credit Risk, Operational & Fraud Risk, in conjunction with Heads from International Locations, the risk appetite to drive the risk tolerance levels for the bank whilst ensuring flexibility to deliver risk adjusted profitable business growth and adherence to regulatory requirements.
• Review risk policies and product programs in order to ensure adherence to the risk appetite and regulatory requirements, provide timely inputs to ensure they are adjusted to address areas of non-compliance and reflect changes in risk profile and developments in external operating environment.
• Monitor International risk to ensure it remains within limits that represent the peak exposure or loss to which the bank could be subjected to should the international locations fail to deliver according to targeted risk appetite.
• Review and develop, in conjunction with international locational heads appropriate workflow systems for end-to-end processing to ensure adherence to risk policies, while maintaining turn-around times and acceptable portfolio quality. Monitoring International Portfolio through Reports & Dashboards
• Provide timely analysis to Committees and Senior management through risk related ERM reports, and dashboards. These should include Snapshots covering Enterprise Risk, Credit Risk, Market Risk, Liquidity Risk, Operational Risk etc.
• Monitor portfolio quality and performance on an on-going basis relating to limits, exposures, schedules, refinancing, delinquencies, etc. to ensure adherence to defined credit risk appetite/strategy and policies, and to quickly determine activities or conditions that require attention before they become problems, in order to prevent any impact on the Bank's balance sheet. Continuous Improvement
• Lead the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices considering global standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction. Reporting
Ensure that all department reports are prepared timely and accurately and meet Group requirements, policies and quality standards.
Qualifications Minimum Qualification
Bachelors / Master's degree in Business Administration, or a related discipline is preferred.
Professional Certification in CFA, FRM, or a related discipline is preferred. Minimum Experience
10 years' relevant experience in risk management in the banking or consulting sector with at least 5 years in similar positions of progressively increasing managerial responsibilities in the cross - risk management.