Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international metals producer looking to hire a Rolling Specialist to join the team in the Middle East.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- To provide technical, quality and operational support to aluminium customers in the can body stock industry in order to increase sales and overall performance
- Responsible for casting and process engineering of can body stock, end body stock and auto-body sheets
- Development of aluminium alloys alongside technology updates (e.g. scandium based alloys, additive manufacturing etc.), as week as supplier on-boarding and product testing
- Use expertise of the metallurgical/technological slab end-process to communicate the needs of customers and provide excellent solutions
- Reports into Casthouse Director
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical/metallurgical role within the aluminium sector, with specific casting knowledge in can body stock, end body stock and auto-body sheets
- Strong knowledge of rolling mill equipment and rolling mill automotive knowledge, as well as high performance aluminium alloys (foundry, scandium, AA6063, 6xxx medium strength properties etc.)
- Experience providing technical assistance and process development support to customers/end users, providing solutions to quality claims and product issues for can body stock
- Engineering background/degree
- Located in Middle East or happy to relocate