Aluminium Research Analyst
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a major metals producer looking to hire an Aluminium Research Head to join the team in the Middle East. Key Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Assist with the development of the new market research division through extensive analysis of the global aluminium industry (with strong focus on Value Added Product segments e.g. billets, slabs, wire rod, foundry alloys)
- Be able to take the lead on strategic support for the marketing group with excellent benchmarking research and studying of peer companies/relevant market trends
- Provide premium and LME forecasts in order to lay out the short and long term view of the organisation, as well as macroeconomic overviews
- Conduct price forecasting analysis and identify opportunities to the sales team through trade flow analysis and new application demand
- Manage weekly reports, give regular presentations as well as conduct any other ad hoc duties to ensure the company is updated on all relevant news within the industry
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a research intensive position within the aluminium sector, either for a trading house, producer or research firm
- Bachelors in marketing, research, economics or other relevant business degree
- Strong background within the aluminium industry with good knowledge of market trends etc.
- Strong quantitative background with experience handling economic/technical modelling and data management
- Located in Middle East or willing to relocate