Our client, a leading financial services organisation with investment banking, capital markets trading and asset management businesses, are looking for an experienced IT Application and Infrastructure support professional to join a growing, multi-cultural team.
As a member of the team responsible for both Infrastructure and Application production environments, the Application Support Analyst performs a critical function. The team is responsible for ensuring the continuous availability of technology services to end-users. This entails day-to-day operational duties as well as strategic gate-keeping and custodial accountabilities.
Technology Operations is required to provide emergency 1st Line, as well as 2nd Line support for end-users including front and middle office teams, across a broad technology environment and a large application stack.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Relevant experience working within a similar Application or Infrastructure support role within investment banking / capital markets
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with a proactive approach to solving problems.
- Flexible approach to working hours as shifts are employed to provide 24x7 coverage.
- Working knowledge or job scheduling and monitoring applications.
- Strong OS knowledge – particularly within the Unix / Linux space
- Broad knowledge of hardware, networking and software fundamentals with solid troubleshooting skills.
- Any interest in cloud computing, emerging tech such as Devops, would be of interest