- Contract, Full time
- ED & F Man Holdings Limited
- 15 Jan 18
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- market rate
- Full time
Assistant Financial Controller - 12 month FTC
ED&F Man has an opportunity for a qualified and high calibre Assistant Financial Controller to join a world leading trader of agricultural commodities within a wholly owned subsidiary of our Pulses Division – Maviga. This position offers a broad spectrum of opportunity, scope, commercial activity and authority. This is a 12 month positon with the potential to become permanent in the future.
~~The successful candidate will cover the position of Assistant Financial Controller of our main trading entity in Dubai and will act as a number two (reporting to the Dubai FC), coordinating and financially managing this business which is at the centre of all our Pulses trading, including providing high quality analysis, review, decision support and financial leadership.
We are seeking a commercial oriented finance professional who is able to help drive the business forward. This is a significant “hands on” role requiring flexibility to handle detailed transactional level work as well as higher level analysis and review. Ideally, you will have prior experience of operating within a fast paced multinational, entrepreneurial trading and/or commercial environment.
The successful individual will ideally have a solid understanding of physical commodity trading and its impact on financial reporting, cash funding and risk.
• Coordinate, review and help drive the financial performance and results of the entity, including providing commercial insight and analysis as a key team member. Ensuring timely and accurate completion of all group and local reporting requirements
• Month end closing by profit centre, anaylsis of the result, including valuation, position control and variance analysis
• Post calculation on physical contracts
• Responsible for effectively managing and delivering accurate budgeting and medium term planning within group timelines, including cost control
• Understand the operation’s trade flows, their impact on cash management, resource usage and statutory reporting
• Supervision of the daily accounting work
• Manage limit controls, respective reports, reviews and limit changes
• Debtors and account receivables control
• Reporting in Hyperion under IFRS to the Group parent company in London
• Follow the group’s minimum control standards and delegated authorities
• Prepare for and manage internal and external annual audits – maintain a strong internal control environment and ensuring all risk limits are strictly adhered to
• Proactively gain an understanding of new accounting standards and their potential impact on the business unit’s results
• Respond to ad hoc requests and assist special projects for the local FC and Senior Directors
• Enhance and improve the general internal control environment
Skills & Qualifications
• Experience in international accounting and/or controlling
• Professional accounting accreditation (fully qualified) or MBA
• Prior commodity knowledge a significant advantage
• Fluent in English
• Self-confident and self-motivated person, not afraid of a very ‘hands-on’ approach and able to operate within a team of different nationalities, cultures and personalities
• Microsoft Excel, plus ideally Hyperion and Microsoft Dynamics experience