Associate Director, Credit Structuring
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Associate Director, Credit Structuring
will be responsible for supporting and developing the Financial Markets Credit Structuring business in the Africa and Middle East (AME) region. Based in Dubai, they shall focus on credit derivative related investment products and structured funding in the AME region, supporting in the execution of complex financing trades across formats and collateral types. They will work closely with FM Sales, FM trading and other teams across the bank and have the following responsibilities:
Our Ideal candidate
- Origination / execution for structured credit investment trades and risk transfer products, including:
- Credit Default Swaps/Credit Linked Notes/Leveraged Credit Linked Notes
- SPV repacks/Loan participation notes
- Total-Return Swaps and Total-Return Credit Linked Notes
- Guarantees and other forms of risk mitigation
- Partnering with FM sales to help run trades from origination, through approval and to execution,
- Working closely with various FM trading teams and partners in capital markets, relationship management and support functions
- Structuring, negotiation and execution of structured funding trades, covering structured Repos/TRS, secured loans
- Distribution of risk to our client base and across client segments, working closely with trading, sales, capital markets and portfolio management
- Support in the origination of structured funding trades, and risk mitigation/distribution thereof, actively sourcing and creating avenues for distribution
- Working closely with legal to conduct legal analysis and create bespoke trade specific documentation including:
- Credit Derivative Definitions based documentation
- ISDA / CSA /GMRA documentation
- Work with other product structuring teams where required on other asset classes/products, including rates/FX derivatives, xVA
- Experience: Up to 5 years' experience in credit structuring/fixed income structuring, structured credit trading or a related field
- Qualifications; graduate /post-graduate degrees in engineering, maths or law preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.