Associate Director, Diversified Lending Group
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates Dubai Dubai AE
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 22 May 18 2018-05-22
* Assist in delivering the Diversified Lending Group's financial performance targets, optimizing risk and return. * Assist the Unit Head and team in working with the relevant stakeholders to pitch and execute transactions.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility to assist with execution of Lending deals. Tasks to include the following: (i) facility documentation review and finalisation including liaising with Legal and relevant internal and external stakeholders in the process, (ii) assisting RM / CAs with the preparation (where required), review and finalisation of the business and credit proposals, and (iii) any other requirements appropriate to ensuring a smooth and expeditious deal closure.
- Assist / support with the origination activity and improvement in deal conversion ratio, thereby contributing to new deal revenue.
- Assist / support in the facilitation of non-Lending (TB, FM Derivatives & Capital Markets) cross-sell revenue off the back of Lending transactions.
- Effectively support the Alignment & Accountability initiative working together with Coverage, Product Partners and other stakeholders as relevant to deliver on clients' needs.
- Engage and coordinate with Business and Credit early in and during the origination/execution process for appropriate risk mitigation.
- Assist client coverage teams with post execution monitoring, if required. This is more applicable for complex monitoring requirements.
- Assist / support in the improvement of cost and capital efficiency through RORWA monitoring and distribution of assets (or risk mitigation) where appropriate.
- Assist in the management of pipeline and revenue trackers to help the team focus on and drive the department's revenue targets.
- Assist with the business and risk management process issues by interacting (where required) with representatives on various risk, governance and control committees.
Governance, Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct and expectations relevant to the role.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matter.
Qualifications and Skills
Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications:
- 2-4 years experience in corporate banking or corporate finance or a related field. Relevant experience in a similar role would be preferable.
- Well versed with credit analysis with at least basic financial modelling skills and reasonably good understanding of LMA standard documentation.
- Languages: Business level English.