About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Work closely with the AME and global team to look after FIS activities in the region.
- Help deliver the strategic direction and performance of FIS by working with Head, AME FIS as well as FIS team.
- Work with Sales, Structuring, TRM and other internal stake holders to execute initiatives to grow Financing business
- Awareness and understanding of the strategy and business model of the Group and Global Credit, as appropriate to the role
- Maximise total product income by ensuring effective end to end client identification, risk management, service and infrastructure
- Work in conjunction with other partners to ensure build FIS business in the region with a clear focus on geographic and client diversification
- Work closely with Credit Flow team and Credit Solutions team to benefit from mutual expertise / strengths
- Be responsible for all risk management of FIS activities in this region
- Achieving assigned full year objectives as per annual P3 document
- Increase SCB's visibility by driving commercial, competitive pricing for our clients
- Accountable for setting achievable performance targets relating to business
- Help manage the implementation of FIS specific strategies and ensure that performance objectives and revenue goals are met and RWA targets managed
- Active performance monitoring - spot areas of underperformance and take corrective action
People and Talent
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations.
- To embed Operational Risk monitoring as an integral part of the business process. Towards this, to effectively carry out the assigned role, if any, under Compliance Risk Management and Operational Risk Management Assurance.
- Ensure that the business meets its obligations the prevention of money laundering under the Group Policy and Standards and under local laws and regulations.
- Help ensure that there are appropriate and documented internal controls and procedures in place. Help monitor the operation of such procedures and controls and regularly review them to ensure that they reflect any changes in products, systems, policy and regulations
- Accountable for helping establish and maintain frameworks to ensure processes are efficient, appropriate and compliant with all internal and external regulations.
- Be part of a transparent and collaborative culture in which incentives are based on support of Client Income with specific performance metrics on the Bank's values.
- To work in partnership with FIS team to ensure that the FIS product is meeting clients' and the bank's objectives
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- Embed operational risk management and reporting as an integral part of the business process.
- Ensure that adequate and appropriate systems and controls are in place to comply with Group and Business policies, procedures, standards and codes.
- Monitor all major risk issues and concentrations. Where appropriate, direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to Risk Committees
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory framework is a central priority of the business
- Establish, maintain and supervise the framework to ensure business functions under my area of responsibility comply with internal policies, procedures, codes and applicable external laws and regulations and adhere to the expected high standards set out in the FM Code of Conduct
- Manage the implementation of Financing and Investment Solutions specific strategies and ensure that performance objectives and long term economic profit (EP) goals are met
- Ensure the overall targets relating to budget are cascaded to teams with appropriate product targets and performance delivery on targets is proactively managed
Key Stakeholders Internal
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Work in the FIS team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Credit Structuring
- Credit Sales, e-Sales
- Credit Research, Syndication, Capital Markets
- Credit Solutions and other teams in Credit Trading
- Support and Control functions
- Modelling and Analytics Group
As and when necessary QUALIFICATIONS:
- FIS AME business encompasses a wide range of activities and geographies. So must possess an ability to learn quickly and willingness to put in the efforts to master various streams
- Knowledge of Credit and macro trading Markets in the region will be essential.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and multi-cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work with geographically dispersed and highly varied stakeholders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.