Associate, FCC Operations
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Support and implement the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for the country consistent with the vision and strategy for FCC and in support of the Group's strategic direction and growth aspiration
- Team leader to the function who oversees and coaches the team on the day-to-day activities by providing guidance and leadership.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices and trends
- Support in analysing comprehensive impact of financial crime related regulatory/law enforcement matters to FCC, UAE
- Support to develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
People and Talent
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Ensure forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management, and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Map risks, quantify the potential impact and escalate where necessary.
- Provide intelligence (to internal forums) on specific clients, client-types and emerging risk typologies.
- Ensure the suitability and quality of case data maintained on enterprise case management systems.
- Partner with legal counsels for advice on technical matters
- Design and maintain dashboards and metrics that allow FCC to dynamically monitor financial crime risk and operational performance for key FCC processes.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
- In the event of breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Attend relevant leadership meetings.
- Track significant issues arising from FCC metrics, FCC Assurance activities, Audit reviews and regulatory inspections, providing validation of issue closure where necessary.
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the FCC UAE Law Enforcement team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- UAE Central Bank; Anti-Money Laundering & Suspicious Cases Unit (AMLSCU).
- Work closely with FCC UAE and FCC Controls to ensure timely data flow.
- Work closely with all applicable business segments and relevant stakeholders
- Head, FCC UAE
- Head, Compliance UAE
- UAE Operational Risk
- UAE Audit
- UAE CEO
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in FCC UAE team.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Association of Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) certification or equivalent preferable but not considered essential.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .