About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- To sell Financial Markets products profitably to each of the allocated groups of SCB customers, drawn from a corporate segment, acting as their primary point of contact in Financial Markets. Revenue Growth through corporate transactions in line with the objective set.
- Provide accurate and timely product service to Client Relationship relevant desks to meet customer needs at competitive price.
- Network on behalf of the team (communication back to team members) with customers, and with other SCB trading and sales groups, in order to solicit customer feedback, gain market intelligence, benchmark sales processes and techniques, and to enhance the Bank's profile in the market.
- Enhance the Bank's reputation in the local market through personally demonstrating a high level of professionalism and developing mutually beneficial working relationships with our customers.
- To provide FX, Derivatives and Structured deposit solutions to the corporate clients
- Maintain an up to-date knowledge of economic conditions and market trends, on which to base informed dialogue with customers concerning the market risks in their business.
- Respond speedily and positively to all requests from customers for a specific transaction, or for more general queries, or introduction to a more appropriate contact within SCB, whether or not the request is from the specifically allocated group of customers
- Develop a thorough appreciation of each allocated customer's business, and understanding of their potential needs for Financial Markets products, through regular liaison with CCIB RM for each customer as well as through direct contact with the customer.
- Active dialogue with key clients - know their needs / get involved to address key issues
- Work closely with CCIB / Transaction Banking and other stakeholders to drive strategic client agenda
People and Talent
- Executing Trades we must follow credit check processes, CA's, appropriateness and suitability as well as assessing market risk. We must also work within any other limits set against the business.
- Follow agreed solutions for implementation of risk control policies.
- Responsible for executing the activities within the end-to-end Process in accordance with the process design and control standards
- Jointly and severally responsible with the Second Line for risk and control outcomes of the process and any remediation or risk treatment actions in order to remain within risk tolerance
- Promote transparency and act by example. Help create the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations for the other team members and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Responsibility to give input to assess efficiency of the team structure/capacity plans.
- Ensure the completion of ongoing training / e-learnings
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the firm. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them
- The ability to interpret the firm's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
- Must be aware of and follow our procedures including Cross-Border, Term sheet, Dodd Frank where applicable, FX Fair pricing, Disclaimers, suitable Marketing Materials as well as any required qualifications such as FAP in Bahrain. Must manage EUCs, be aware of Dealing Mandate requirements, FM FO Dealing Handbook, PA account Dealing Principles as well as the Gifts and Entertainment register, New Joiners, Staff transfer/Exit checklists. Must also follow MAR requirements and manage FMRAW responsibilities.
- No appropriateness and suitability issues, credit excesses. Full adherence to the compliance and regulatory environment.
- Meticulously followed the regulatory and compliance requirements to ensure we do not have any lapses and full adherence to the code of conduct.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- To ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- To ensure behaviours set out in the Group Code of Conduct are followed and achieves the outcomes.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Play role in leading the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- CCIB Relationship Managers
- Financial markets team & FM ops
- Legal and Compliance officer
- Branch Support and Compliance
- Credit Management & CCR
- Trading Team
- E-Commerce Sales
- Clients: Network with customers, promote the bank & facilitate marketing of FM solutions & capabilities, solicit customer feedback. Other Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Please note that the job description above will be reviewed during the Job Objective setting every year, which may be amended and agreed where necessary by the employee and the line manager.
- ACI Dealing Certificate Preferred
- CFA Preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.