Business Planning Manager , CIO AME
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 25 Feb 18 2018-02-25
To provide business planning, project management and communications support for the Regional CIO, Africa & Middle East, in support of their objectives, strategy and delivering against the performance scorecard
Support the Regional CIO, Africa & Middle East in all aspects of the running of their office, including approval processes and working closely with the Regional/Country CIOs, Global Product Operations Heads, Business CIOs.
Strategy & Business Performance
- Support the Regional CIO, Africa & Middle East,in developing, driving and coordinating a consolidated business strategy, and actively participate in supporting strategy implementation; identify and analyze strategic opportunities across the group; identify gaps and actions required to deliver these strategies.
- Closely monitor the development, implementation and performance of business critical issues
- Support Global Head - Operations & Countries on strategic or tactical projects that are impactful for improving ITO delivery within the region
Finance & Performance Management
- Analyze the Operations & Country ITO performance, including preparing and monitoring the Operations & Country portion of the ITO Performance Scorecard, Establish and maintain rigour in monitoring performance against budgets; and project portfolio status
- Prepare presentations for events as required, , as well as monthly management reports and papers.
Communication, People & Governance
- Act as the main contact and information source in the Regional CIO, Africa & Middle East office, coordinate with corporate affairs colleagues, and monitor communication flow among all parties.
- Support ITO Communications in the execution of the broader ITO Communications strategy and drive the Regional CIO, Africa & Middle East own Communications plan
- Support the Regional CIO, Africa & Middle East in various Group initiatives, such as 'my voice' action plans and regulatory follow through, to ensure that the initiatives become embedded
- Co-ordinate Regional CIO, Africa & Middle East Management Team including co-ordination of meetings and papers, agenda formulation, attendance and follow up on actions
- Support the Regional CIO, Africa & Middle East in their membership of committees and governance meetings
- Support Regional CIO, Africa & Middle East to implement policies and procedures for the Country/Region
- Help implement operational disciplines such as capacity and risk management are well embedded, measured and tracked
- Drive continuous improvements in Productivity and Cost Efficiencies
- Identify and streamline and digitize end-to-end processes to reduce manual hand-off, reduce risk and improve client/customer service collaborating with Regional/Business CIOs and Head GSSCs
- Working with the GSSCs, introduce best-practice into Country operations with view to standardise and automate as much as possible
People and Talent
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Sets appropriate tone and expectations for their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality (skill and experienced) people to deliver its obligations.
- Create a motivational and challenging environment for staff which is conducive to creativity and performance with client centricity in mind.
- Ensure risk metrics are actively reviewed along with the Risk & Control Function
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS):
- Experience of developing strategy, influencing relevant stakeholders and decision makers, and executing decisions efficiently and consistently
- Strong knowledge and understanding of ITO, the Group and its businesses and functions
- Ability to lead and control programme and/or project management in the context of a significant amount of change
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise
- Experienced in supporting a global group and ability to work in a highly collaborative manner across the network with a wide range stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written and presentation
Good in analytics, able to understand and analyse financials and other data sets