About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
Role Responsibilities Job Summary Define key responsibilities to reflect the duties and responsibilities of this role.
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- The Client Manager is the pivotal relationship in the Client Delivery team responsible for delivering exceptional client account management. The Client Manager is responsible for proactively managing the client account on all day to day maintenance activities to ensure the highest level of client service and relationship health.
- The Client Manager supports the GAMs, RAMs or FAMs on an aligned client portfolio to ensure strong client delivery execution.
- Provide direct support to the RM by proactively:
- Helping to prepare Account Plans, client briefing notes for senior management discussions, input to RCAF / GCAF
- Joining client visits (as appropriate) and ensuring client discussions are documented via call reports in WorkBench
- Reviewing client profitability and opportunity to increase customer utilisation
- Liaising with IMO and Credit Analyst teams to ensure seamless client onboarding and credit monitoring
- Actively engaging and collaborating with Clients, RMs and Product Partners to understand and respond to any issues relating to the ongoing account maintenance, including highlighting any unusual utilization patterns to coverage teams.
- Effectively partnering with IMO, CA, Legal, Compliance, Operations and Servicing teams as required to ensure client expectations are met or exceeded
- Where there are client account maintenance related issues / concerns, ensure resolution and escalate to the CM Team Lead / Head as appropriate
- Co-ordinate and liaise with FAM's to support network business
Client Relationship Management
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of client needs for the assigned client portfolio, able to engage clients effectively and offer insights about the market conditions / trends in the network that we operate in
- Builds trust and strong account management support to clients including but not limited to loan drawdowns, overseeing the resolution of client related complaints, issues and escalations
- Provides sound advice to clients on associated documentation requirements (e.g. credit documentation, account monitoring activities etc.)
Documentation: Credit (existing deals - Renewals/Amendments) & Other
- Manage the end-to end documentation negotiation process including passporting of documents in the network subject to all approvals being in place as negotiated with Legal/Product and Business.
- Engage and coordinate with Legal & Compliance, Credit, IMO and Clients on standard documentation requirements such as standard terms, country supplements, banking facility letter, master credit terms, supplementary letters etc
- Obtain necessary approvals for T&C deviations on standard documentation from the relevant authoriser as necessary
- Ensure document deficiencies are minimised (as reflected in Documentation Deferral Waiver etc) and are rectified in a timely manner
- Follow through to ensure documentation completion and liaise with IMO (CRC) to validate limits are correctly loaded/reflected in TP systems
Account Management & Portfolio Quality
- Manage flow maintenance activities on client portfolio as assigned:
- Annotate on past dues and excesses daily. Ensure excesses/past dues are regularized on time and cash/cheques are released on time. Any exceptions to be highlighted to the RM and CA.
- Act as escalation points for Unsettled (FX) Past Due Trades reports & Failed trades reports, working closely with Operations where relevant
- Support Loan Drawdown, Cash Management, LTP Trades (FI) and release of Trade Offerings
- Attend ASTAR Review meetings as appropriate and anticipate in relevant business meetings, forums or committees as required
- Lead / provide support on key projects aimed at improving processes, tools and the client experience
- Ensure adherence to all internal/regulatory policies & regulations e.g. Policies and procedures in RiskPod (FATCA, Credit, BCA overdue, etc)
- Identify and escalate to the CM TL / CM Head any operational risks relating to the client portfolio and define process improvement ideas to resolve or mitigate these risks
- Work with Operations, Hub and Client Services teams to rectify ops related issues or post trade queries / concerns.
- Support the RM in reviewing client account activity reviews, ensuring transactional activities are aligned to the expected levels of activity for the client given their business profile
- Ensure deeper understanding on credit risk including default risk and fraud risk
- Ensure data quality of all AML and Credit documents/files meets CCIB standards to facilitate RM's decisions on risk acceptance
- Escalate any identified Operational Risk issues to the CM Head/Lead or BORM
- Be proactive in ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures and lead preparation of client files for audit purposes
Regulatory & Business Conduct *
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
Qualifications Training, licenses, memberships and certifications
- GAM / FAM / RAM
- Credit Analyst
- Product Partners
- Key functional partners ie IMO, Credit, Risk, FCC, Legal, Compliance, Product Ops (Trade, Cash, FMO etc), Finance, Marketing
- Country Leadership team
• Bachelor degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
• Experience in banking or other relevant environment
• Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy for Client Manager role
• Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers