About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
Role Responsibilities Business
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- Provide professional, accurate and timely support to Relationship Managers (RMs)
- Handling of Relationship Manager's Client calls and dealing with Clients in a professional manner
- Produce high quality correspondence to clients and resolve client enquiries
- Work with RMs to aid them in account opening and submitting documentation to the middle office
- Assist with the preparation of Client Due Diligence (CDD) reviews. Preparing them to be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to the due date and follow up of issues raised as required by RM.
- Liaising with other SCB entities to open and manage accounts booked in other Bank Centres
- Ownership of taking Client's transactional requests, ensuring they are booked in the Bank's system, with all necessary documents and checks completed
- Timely completion of credit applications
- Proactively respond to client and RM investigations by phone, fax or e-mail
- To provide an accurate account of all client contact in the Bank's systems' Client Contact reports
- Actively keep up to date with existing and new SCB Private Bank products and attend all in house Training
- Provide assistance with booking Investment business trips
- Adhere and be diligent to the Bank's policies and procedures and the regulations as
part of the Bank's fight against money laundering and fraud Risk Management
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Promptly handle Client complaints, including resolution with service levels and accurate input onto the Complaints Database
- Constantly challenge processes and procedures with a view to streamlining and simplifying, to reduce waste and improve service offered to internal and external clients
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
Knowledge / Skills / Experience Required:
- External clients
- Relationship Managers
- Client Service Officers
- Control and Supervision
- Strong Private Banking experience, preferably in a Client Service role
- Solid knowledge of banking practices and associated regulatory requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to speak/correspond to clients on a daily basis
- Works well within a team of RMs and Client Service Officers
- Eagerness to help others within the Client Service team
- Ability to work with support functions such as Compliance, Account Review (CAR), Control and Supervision and Operations and focus on working as one bank rather than individual units
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers