Your primary responsibility is to convert your experience, knowledge, insights and analysis along with IHS Markit's knowledge base into sustainable, profitable IHS Markit services. Marketing IHS Markit's expertise and yourself as an expert with professionalism is essential to this role. You should also endeavor to build and nourish relationships with key industry contacts that utilize or could benefit from IHS Markit services and you must be able to work autonomously in negotiation and execution of consulting engagements. Your role
- Maintain general knowledge of the petrochemical market (Olefins, Aromatics, Plastics, Synthetic Fibers and Specialties) for interaction with clients.
- Develop opportunities for single-client engagements through typical relationship development and marketing activities. Cross-sell other IHS Markit products.
- Execute single client proposals. Sell and negotiate closure of proposals. This requires clear written and verbal communications skills and analytical creativity to determine deliverables that best serves client needs and budget and maximize the opportunity and return for IHS Markit.
- Project management responsibilities require that you manage the analysis and report generation required to satisfy single client projects. You will be required to lead project teams and to independently complete analysis and reports if needed.
- Ensure that projects under your direction are properly invoiced and fees are collected. Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the basic IHS Markit databases and tools. Be able to manipulate models or extract information from models to satisfy unique single client requests.
- Market IHS Markit products and services via direct and indirect client contact.
- Actively pursue and develop unique analytical approaches that provide value to IHS Markit's clients and/or potential clients.
- Maintain awareness of client activity so that conflicts of interest or the perception of conflicts of interests can be avoided.
- Summarize report into presentation format and deliver presentation to client.
- Mentor and guide analytical staff support in a team environment.
- 15+ years of relevant chemical industry experience.
- Bachelor's Degree, technical preferred. MBA a strong plus.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Good knowledge of consulting methodologies and processes.
- High level contacts in the Chemical industry.
- Personable interface at multiple levels within a client's organization.
- Proficient public speaker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.