Desktop Support Engineer
The successful applicant will be required to provide effective and skilled IT assistance across the region and will be reporting directly to the Regional IT Service Delivery manager. The successful applicant is responsible for supporting and maintaining of all IT-related hardware/software across the region with a primary focus on the base office as well as Supporting and assisting in the maintenance of all IT Infrastructure - Including but not limited to Laptops/Desktops, CCTV, UPS/Backup Power, Mobile Phones, and Wireless devices installed onsite. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities with a fresh and dynamic team.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- 3 plus years' experience or a computing qualification (degree or similar) in providing End User IT Support with-in a high-pressure environment. Financial services/trading floor end user support experience would be advantageous
- Strong knowledge of Win 10 and Active Directory.
- Strong working knowledge of industry standard End User imaging and packaging (via SCCM).
- Strong understanding of trading platforms would be advantageous.
- Proven expertise in integrating with Excel plug-ins, troubleshooting broken links, effectively working with vendor technical support.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016 required. Knowledge of Visio, MS Projects a plus.
- Working knowledge of networking routers, firewalls, switches such as Cisco, Citrix, VPN, and Link optimization appliances.
- Working knowledge of spyware/malware removal tools and techniques.
- Working knowledge of MS Intune applied to a mobile device a plus
- Strong written and spoken English essential
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
Internal IT Teams
Third party vendors