A notable UAE based firm with a specialisation in global real estate development seeks an Associate to grow their burgeoning sector agnostic direct investments business, with a focus on early-to-mid-stage ventures across the UAE, UK and wider Europe.
Focus is on growth capital and firms that could benefit from access to a strategic partner that can add value to their long-range planning, use of their corporate infrastructure / back and middle office, and leverage their strong balance sheet, deep networks, and an entrepreneurial management team.
Responsible for portfolio construction, end-to-end transaction management (origination to execution) and post-acquisition integration management. An excellent opportunity to be involved in and influence all aspects of the investment process, gain knowledge and fantastic exposure to new and exciting sectors in a global context.
Strategy design and management, focusing on generating attractive risk adjusted returns and leveraging the Group’s strengths
- Prepare and implement an approved direct investment strategy, updating it to fit perceived market opportunities
- Utilise and grow your existing network to source on and off market transactions.
- Analyse opportunities that meet the approved criteria and maintain an active log of pipeline opportunities and present well researched quantitative and qualitative findings and recommendations to management
Identifying potential investment acquisition opportunities across the UK, UAE and Europe, presenting thoroughly researched and diligence investment recommendations
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to sourcing investment opportunities by developing relationships with advisors, intermediaries and nurturing lasting relationships with entrepreneurs
- Additionally, the position will be responsible for contributing towards any formal or informal sales processes in terms of strategy, pricing, appointment of intermediaries and consultants, and negotiations relative to the sale, legal documentation and any other areas
Incorporate all aspects of the deal cycle, with significant focus on financial modelling, preparing presentations and market research
- Maintain and develop your network in the early stage for deal flow
- Assess new deal-flow opportunities and deal origination
- Conduct and coordinate actionable market research, due diligence on companies and industries.
- Prepare and present thoroughly researched and evidenced investment recommendations to stakeholders
Take a leading role in driving projects through to investment
- Evaluate the viability of each investment through market research
- Work with management post-investment to add value and forecast business growth, requirements, and potential opportunities for divesting of partial or full stakes
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the industry, including attending industry conferences, networking events, etc
- Assisting with the execution of acquisitions and dispositions including preparation of aspects of draft term sheets, letters of intent or offer letters
- Managing the corporate and vendor data rooms for record keeping and buyer due diligence.
- Being involved in other ad-hoc projects for the stakeholders
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, economics, finance, or a similarly relevant discipline
- A CFA Charterholder, or a candidate having made significant progress towards achieving their charter is required, with a history of strong academic
- Proven technical skills gained from a leading financial, VC / PE institutions within corporate finance, M&A or transaction services, strategy consulting, corporate development, and corporate recovery
- Previous exposure to technology is desirable such being staffed on technology focused transactions or knowledge of engineering, software or product marketing
- P&L capability and gravitas to interact credibly with CEOs and entrepreneurs
Core Skills and Personal Attributes
- Candidates located in, or with a strong network in Dubai are preferable, but deals will be cross border in nature, so candidates overseas are equally welcomed.
- Works efficiently and able to plan and prioritise time and workload
- Exercise tact and discretion in preparing, handling, and disclosing information of a confidential, and/or sensitive nature
- Gravitas – able to hold your own with leading academics, local and national and international networking events and key business leaders
- Great communication and management skills
- Structured thinker and strategic problem solver who can make quick decisions and influence others
- A proactive work ethic, with a self-starter attitude, able to work with minimal supervision
- Strong analytical and communication skills, with a confident presenting style on technical matters with the ability to tailor content to an external or internal audience
- Superior understanding of how to find, structure and close profitable investments
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships