Director- Trade Product Management, UAE
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
- Manage delivery of end-to-end TB trade product objectives within the country in alignment with global objectives for trade, including financial and non-financial performance, enhancement of capabilities, product and client access future strategies, and oversight of risk and governance in alignment with the Product Head for Trade or Country head. To develop and maintain a system to capture competitor and regulatory information on Trade.
- To continuously scan and manage the composition and trends in Standard Chartered's Trade Services portfolio and validate them against market, customer, and competitor knowledge. This should enable Standard Chartered to identify and plan for opportunities and threats to protect/grow Trade Revenue.
- Trade product P&L for UAE.
- Product pricing and management of assets, contingents, and for the allocation of RWA (trade).
- Driving investment business cases and the business operating model for the product line.
- Determine standard product pricing and monitor collection of fee and NII for the product line.
- Develop jointly with the Sales team a local strategy to meet country objectives, in line with the overall Transaction Banking strategy.
- Conduct ongoing competitor analysis to capture the opportunities, mitigate the threats and deliver financial performance. Recommend and plan actions to build or reinforce our competitive edge.
- Drive end to end product performance, improving efficiency through the e-agenda, straight through processing, ensuring scalability.
- Articulating the product strategy and executing product initiatives on the annual operating plan.
- Understanding customer needs and develop the client value propositions that will address them across all client segments.
- Sponsor launches of product enhancements, new products, as required for Trade. Work jointly with Sales and Marketing to develop collaterals for local market, communicate product launches, organize customer events and develop a sales campaign strategy to ensure that the new products meet planned volume and revenue targets.
- Ensuring training initiatives are executed across all countries in the region in line with the global commercialization agenda.
- Act as the main conduit for championing to Central Product for the product line and Client Access all investment cases (BRD or PAR or its equivalent) for product development or enhancements and for local regulatory requirements.
Understanding of Client
- Execute the agreed Trade Product strategy for UAE.
- Commercialise Trade product capabilities.
- Execute activities in line with TB sales pipeline policy.
- Deep understanding of clients' business needs, footprint, buying centres and decision making process,
clients treasury priorities & policies for Trade sales processes
- Take the lead in identifying explicit and implied client needs, engaging key influencers and decision makers, and leading proposals and pitches to clients.
- Responsible to discuss the country agendas on Trade Risks.
Client servicing support and execution
- Active role in credit & compliance approvals on deviations in CA
- Manage all TB Sales risks in the UAE conform to global standards, improve risk metrics, e-enablement & culture, and ensure no failed audits (internal & external)
- Drive the Operational Risk framework implementation where applicable
- Deal with Audit and other risk items expeditiously
- Use Transactional team [TTO] input where applicable to drive engagement with clients/other units to ensure revenue realization if any issues surface.
- Ensure that any post sales service issues identified are managed appropriately by Service Management and/or other relevant departments. (e.g. banking)
- Work with ITO team on operational risk items.
- Implement product conduct guidelines where appropriate
- Identify and mitigate the Operational, Credit, Regulatory and Business conduct risks relating to Trade products within the region.
- Ensure country compliance on Group standard for Audit, Control and financial reporting including reporting of risks to BORF/CORGs/ CEF
- Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition
- Ensure timely renewal of country addendums (CAs) to PPGs and proactively work with stakeholders to identify and quantify new and existing risks. Actively participate in NPC roll out and execution in the region.
- Broad banking experience
- Deep knowledge of TB products
- Preferred experience in TB business and product management.
- Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities.
- Strong executive impact and track record of new to bank sales success.
- Practitioner with Advanced / Expert Trade knowledge.
- Structuring Solutions and ability to handle documentation.
- Strong credit understanding and experience.
- Seen as an industry expert in Trade.
- Sector expertise (i.e. Telecom, FMCG, Commodities, etc.) preferred
- Ability to proactively identify client needs and create solutions to generate new to bank business.
- Ability to cultivate a network of relationships in the client with key influencers and senior decision makers to identify and win deals.
- Ability to probe the commercial implications of a client's needs and provide solutions and advice that positively impact the client's operational and financial performance.
- Wants to be a Trusted advisor - positions as the "Go to" person for clients and internal stakeholders when they desire strategic TB input.
- Building strong credibility with key stakeholders.
- Sharp commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem solving approach, and strong achievement orientation.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.