The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Awareness and Understanding on the Group AML, Sanctions and CDD Procedures.
- Awareness on the Retail and Business Banking CDD Operations.
Behavioural Capabilities Precision Accuracy
- Able to perform CDD related work which may not be straight forward and repetitive.
- Has good understanding of processes and products.
- Should possess good knowledge on CDD processes.
- Possesses and applies technical expertise to his area of work.
- Keeps up to date with changes to products and CDD, AML processes.
- Should be well-versed on the money laundering and CDD policies and procedures.
- Able to identify opportunities to automate repetitive logic based manual activities.
- Perform independent activities concurrently.
- Give inputs from ground level after understanding the big picture.
- Participate in the discussion on any system changes / projects and provide inputs.
- Supports and involves in change management plans in achieving mutual objectives to manage change.
- To provide support for UAT / UVT during any workflow changes and Field level validations.
- Open to suggestions and experimentation.
- To have a sense of urgency in meeting deliverables in TAT and Accuracy.
- To perform the assigned activities on time with no errors.
- Able to drive quality work within team and self.
- Proof reads work and / or checks the process delivered thoroughly in order to eliminate errors.
- When issues present consults with others in order to ensure candidate has resolved them in the appropriate way.
- Considers the impact of their actions on the end-to-end process and customer.
- Understands basic customer service requirement and able to apply same in own areas of work.
- Able to provide differentiated customer service for various types / grades of customers.
- Treat all clients with respect and cultural awareness.
- Able to show empathy in terms of keeping the customer point of view while processing a transaction / working.
- Client communication skills ( especailly calling the client) is preferred and should posses very good soft skills.
- Possesses ability to translate complex information into easy- to-understand language.
- Proficient in both verbal and written communication.
- Escalates issues and concerns in a timely manner.
People and Talent
- Understands the situation and perform right escalations.
- Being able to provide data for performing root cause of the problem.
- Ability to speak up when in disagreement and opposition.
- Ability to understand the existence of crisis and conflicts.
- Able to work in a team with good interpersonal skills.
- Possess ability to understand the work plans and organizes their own work effectively.
- Able to identify sudden changes at a transactional level.
- Raises issues when they see the task is at risk.
- Completes work as assigned.
- Understands what the various risks are at transaction level and some of the mandatory actions that need to be performed.
- Escalates issues to senior management within parameters of role.
- Describes and understands the operations risk.
- Awareness on transactional level fraud.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework and Group CDD Procedures.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Country CDD Operations, FCSU, Group CDD Operations.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 7 years of experience
- CDD reviews during on-boarding, Periodic review and Trigger review for both Retail and Business banking clients.
- Able to speak to the client and complete the CDD review.
- Reading and comprehension.
- Taking Judgemental decisions on a case to case basis.
About Standard Chartered
- Spot Opportunities
- Solve Problems
- Take the Lead
- Build Resilience
- Deliver Sustainably
- Achieve Results
- Compliance Risk Assessment
- Regulatory Liaison
- Manage Change
- Manage Projects
- Compliance Policies and Standards
- Compliance Advisory
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers