Role Responsibilities Job Summary Define key responsibilities to reflect the duties and responsibilities of this role.
As a key member of Trade Asset Sales & Syndications (TASS) team, under Trade Distribution function, Capital Structuring & Distribution Group, this role specifically focuses on distribution and syndication of transactions booked in MENAP Region and will manage bank investors located in the MENAP region.
The role covers the following key areas for the region:
- Supporting the origination teams for their distribution needs, acting as the face of distribution for FI & Corporate risk for key MENAP markets
- Managing FI investor relationships in the region
- Manage Corp Trade finance Syndication deals for the for key MENAP markets
- The team engages in the distribution of Trade Assets & Contingents to optimize the deal structure, relieve credit or country exposure, enhance RoRWA and to bring in liquidity through Funded Risk Participation (FRP).
- Responsible for meeting all distribution needs of the MENAP region, across all distribution channels, by managing bank investors directly and by coordinating with other investor managers from insurance and programs teams.
- Directly responsible for Trade Asset Distribution, and the management of trade assets for global distribution which have been originated from MENAP region
- Work towards achieving distribution objectives to help TB achieve better management of credit exposures, improved client delivery and management of RoRWA.
- Work within the TASS team to ensure trade assets originated globally are offered and distributed successfully to investor clients in the respective regions.
- Coordinate the end to end process for the management of all TB transactions booked in the regions that are elected for distribution.
- Develop and maintain FI investor relationships for the region for distribution and Syndication of trade assets. Work proactively and closely with TB sales and CIB to understand their pipeline needs and communicate TB's distribution capabilities and market appetite and pricing.
- To work closely with other units within TASS & TCI and to develop constructive alternative risk distribution channels.
- Work with internal stakeholders to problem solve issues relating to the distribution process including systems and processes.
- Take part in team initiatives and projects to increase distribution capabilities and establish new investment channels.
- Maintain MIS and contribute to team reporting.
- Comply with the banks internal policies and local regulatory requirements as well as the Anti-Money Laundering policies/measures, etc
- Awareness and understanding of the firm's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
Drive origination by leveraging distribution.
Responsible for meeting all distribution needs of the MENAP region, across all distribution channels, by managing bank investors directly and by coordinating with other investor managers from insurance and programs teams. Business
Responsible for delivering on Financial Metrics which include a) Throughputs for distribution volume b) RWA saves c) Skim Revenues earned Processes
Responsible for managing the end to end execution of a distribution transaction for corporate and FI Risks. Creation of bespoke processes with signoff from relevant stakeholders for corporate distribution. Be the first line of defence on all operational processes for the distribution operations People & Talent
Provides guidance to team members sharing experiences on structures and market appetite. No direct People or Talent development objectives Risk Management
Responsible for monitoring and controlling risks with respect to deals that have been underwritten, syndicated and risk participated. The role is responsible for creating risk capacities / improving returns / generating liquidity for the bank in MENAP markets. Governance
Accountable for following the governance framework created by group counterparts in MENAP Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Ensure Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Regional head of Trade Product, Regional Head of Trade Sales, Country Heads in MENAP for CB and CIB. Head, Structured Solution Team, Heads of other distribution functions like Trade Credit Insurance and Program investors. Other Responsibilities
Qualifications Training, licenses, memberships and certifications
- Managing and growing investor relationships in MENAP region. Understanding the risk appetite for various investors in the region and providing feedback to origination team to create further opportunities to originate on the back of distribution
- Structuring distribution solutions for FI and Corporate trade structures, continuously creating capacities for business / improving returns, generating liquidity in the markets
- Underwrite deals in the region to help originate business for deals where we do not have available capacity and need to meet client needs
- Work closely with capital market / loan syndications team to expand alternate investors for trade assets
About Standard Chartered
- experience working in the financial services industry with subject matter knowledge around Trade Finance, Trade Distribution, Client Management, or relevant experience gained from a client facing function.
- Highly analytical with good understanding of Trade products
- High levels of drive and resilience
- Understanding of MENAP region
- Ability to operate strategically whilst simultaneously working on the details
- Pragmatic approach to achieving the objectives set, able to flex an approach as needed
- Excellent communication and influencing skills at all levels
- Capacity to think creatively and laterally (outside the box); excellent reasoning skills and the ability to make sound judgments
- Enthusiasm, drive and ability to work in a very fast paced high performance team
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness to work with a range of people from diverse background and geographies
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers