Executive Director, Relationship Manager, Private Bank
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Drive profitable growth by acquiring, developing and servicing long-term relationships with HNW clients
- Accountable for the performance of individual's own client book.
- Deliver NNM, AUM and revenue growth targets and key operating metrics (such as tail accounts
- management, client acquisition, client satisfaction, portfolio mix).
- Generate healthy pipeline of target market prospects and convert them into clients.
- Grow client portfolio size by deepening existing customer relationships.
- Implement an asset allocation in line with the client needs, and model portfolios as benchmarks.
- Deliver, monitor and review solutions to clients based on client investment profile.
- Conduct periodic reviews of client accounts in accordance with established procedures.
- Deliver profitable growth by controlling costs and mitigating operational losses.
- Deliver positive client performance in line with client investment profiles.
- Support the continuous improvement of processes to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support the effective management of operational risks across the Business and in compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at a global level.
- Support the delivery of Business strategy in a safe and well-controlled manner and on an end-to-end basis.
- Ensure sales management, suitability and onboarding processes are applied appropriately.
Risk Management & Governance
- Do what is right in order to avoid reputational risks and operational losses.
- Understand the risk and control environment within area of responsibility and drive rectification as required.
- Handle customer issues, complaints and product enquiries on timely basis in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the relevant Risk Committees and/or line management.
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics and compliance with relevant polices, processes and regulations forms part of the culture.
- Participation in Local Client Committee and other relevant committees where applicable.
- Engage with all audit report findings and ensure feedback is acted upon.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the business to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles, such as Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .