Role Summary: Market Research, Planning, and Analysis function provides the Company with forecasts, analysis and information about agriculture and the fertilizer industry. The work performed by this group supports tactical decisions made by the Company's sales and supply chain groups, strategic decisions made by senior management, and provides key parameters on which the Company's financial projections are based. The purpose of this role is research and provide analyses, forecasts of the agricultural and fertilizer industries.
- Monitors, evaluates, and reports on the African and world nitrogen fertilizer situation and collaborates with the Director and other Market Research Analysts to prepare supply/demand and price forecasts, providing frequent updates to Sales leadership and team.
- Maintains/manages extensive databases containing information on Africa and world fertilizer industries.
- Collaborates with department heads to oversee industry supply/demand and price analysis. Triangulates data sources and conducts primary research to improve data sources and accuracy.
- Presents data/analyses/studies concerning Africa and world agricultural and fertilizer industries via written reports and oral presentations to management, customers, and other internal and external constituents.
- Responsible for scheduling and preparing the monthly fertilizer price forecast meeting used by Sales and Financial Planning and Analysis groups for annual and quarterly earnings projections, sales forecasting, and used to set annual budget.
- Supports the development of fertilizer strategy, working closely with Sales product teams and Business Development on various projects.
- Provides timely responses to adhoc requests for information and analysis pertaining to the Africa and world agricultural and fertilizer industries.
- Evaluates and utilizes data and research from various agribusiness consulting firms and conducts field surveys to obtain market information.
- Responsible for working with international fertilizer and/or agricultural groups, such as IFA, to represent company's view on various topics.
- Carries out research/development activities.
- Makes detailed observations, analyzes data, and interprets results. Compiles results and prepares technical reports and documentation of outcome
- Must have 3-5 years of experience or an advanced degree in the field or in a related area.
- Performs a variety of tasks and works under general supervision; typically reports to the Manager.
- A degree of creativity and latitude is required.