- Role supports the Head of Financial Controls, Risk and Systems in ensuring integrity of the General Ledger of the Bank and help support and manage the setup of the Operational Risk Management Framework for Finance. The person should be someone with a positive attitude and looking for a professional career in Finance, Controls & Risk Management.
- The role will essentially assist the Head of Controls & Risk to drive efficiency through engagement with various stakeholders; identifying and tracking initiatives to help close out issues with respect to controls and risk. The role will require and help the person be acclimatise d to various policies including Financial Controls Policy, Operational Risk Policy and Group Accounting Policy. Account maintenance is an integral part of this role.
To support the Head of controls & risk in ensuring that financial control policy is fully implemented and complied with and therefore ensuring integrity of the General Ledger for all business entities in UAE. Contributes significantly to the establishment of a strong financial controls environment
Track accurate and timely submission on Financial Controls System and escalate non-submissions to the relevant stakeholders in liaison with the Group Financial Controls team in GBS. Co-ordinate the periodic general ledger accounts reconciliation exercise and review results. Escalate exception / non-compliance to Account Owners management. To provide guidance to other Businesses in submission on FCS (Financial Controls System).
To ensure that a TP (transaction Processing System) Vs GL (General Ledger) reconciliation is done as per the Financial Controls Policy. Escalate exceptions to the respective TP owner. Facilitate and help solve outstanding issues.
Support internal reviews where applicable in areas where emerging risks are high.
Assist in managing the operational risk environment within Finance.
Work closely with business finance, operations and compliance specialists for all Controls related activities.
Assist in Finance System and Project related initiatives.
Support Audit related activities. Strategy
Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas. Business
Work closely with business finance, operations and compliance specialists for all Controls related activities. Processes
To support the Head of controls & risk in ensuring that all processes within the Finance process universe is supported People & Talent
Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners. Risk Management
Help in building and maintaining a strong and robust foundation for Finance by adhering to the Enterprise Risk Management Framework & Operational Risk Policy, Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association
Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Finance function.
Adhere to code of conduct
Support Finance colleagues by extending work support when in need. Qualifications Training, licenses, memberships and certifications
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Qualification in Business, Finance, or Accounting (MBA, CPA, ACCA, CA)
About Standard Chartered
- Ability to co-ordinate with stakeholders, work collaboratively with them to deliver robust control and risk management outcomes
- Good writing and presentation skills in English
- Knowledge and experience in relevant risk, control and governance functions would be an advantage
- Proficient in MS Excel, word and power-point
- Experience in business finance/accounting within the financial services industry
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once within a deadline driven environment
- Knowledge on UAE VAT (Value Added Tax) regulations, desirable but not essential
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers