The Finance & Accounting Professional will play a pivotal role in ensuring the accuracy, transparency, and compliance of our financial operations within the unique regulatory frameworks of DIFC or ADGM. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the ideal candidate will bring a deep understanding of financial services operations, regulations, and reporting requirements.
Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Prepare, analyze, and present financial statements, reports, and forecasts in compliance with DIFC or ADGM regulations and international accounting standards.
- Conduct variance analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement in financial performance.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of DIFC or ADGM regulatory requirements and ensure timely and accurate submission of financial reports and filings.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors to facilitate audits and ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and bank reconciliations.
- Ensure proper recording of financial transactions and adherence to internal controls.
Financial Planning and Strategy:
- Contribute to the development of financial strategies, goals, and budgets aligned with the company's growth objectives.
- Provide insights and recommendations based on financial analysis to support strategic decision-making.
Treasury and Cash Management:
- Manage cash flow, liquidity, and working capital to optimize financial resources and support operational needs.
- Monitor and analyze investment portfolios to enhance returns while managing risk.
- Collaborate with various departments to provide financial expertise and support for business initiatives, projects, and transactions.
- Act as a trusted advisor to senior management by providing financial insights and recommendations.
- Lead and mentor a team of finance and accounting professionals, fostering a culture of continuous learning and professional development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; Master's degree or professional qualification (e.g., CPA, ACCA, CFA) preferred.
- Proven track record of at least 3 years of relevant finance and accounting experience within financial services firms operating in the DIFC or ADGM.
- Thorough understanding of DIFC or ADGM regulations and financial reporting requirements.
- Proficiency in financial software, ERP systems, and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across departments and levels of the organization.
- Prior experience in team management and leadership roles is a plus.