About our client
Our client is a major family-owned conglomerate which has an extensive oil and gas business across the Middle East. Various arms of the company invest in a range of strategic directions, including venture capital and incubating new businesses. This role operates within the finance team, and would suit an individual seeking a career in finance. What the job involves
Reporting to the finance director, the role involves conducting research and project execution for the finance team, assisting in the creation and implementation of the company's financial and investment strategy.
Who we are looking for
- Build and maintain financial models to provide strategic recommendations
- Identify trends, and government reporting regulations affecting the company's financial strategies. Ensure compliance with regulations
- Conduct detailed research into energy markets and companies
- Prepare reports and research papers and presentations for senior management
- Enhance the company's knowledge base
- Report to the finance director.
- Degree from a top tier university in finance/economics
- Professional training in accounting, valuation and modelling as part of an investment bank training scheme or equivalent
- Experience in investment banking supporting upstream oil and gas clients
- Strong experience in research, analysis and financial modelling.