- Develop and execute UAE and AME Credit Cards business plans based on business targets in alignment with legal, regulatory, compliance and credit requirements
- Responsible for delivering market share, revenue, margin, and balance sheet objectives for the business.
- Own the end-to-end value stream for credit cards in terms of client value proposition, process, risk enablers, operations, and client experience delivery.
- Partner with sales, credit, operations and other key business segments to achieve business outcomes
- Develop targeting strategies for client acquisition channels by Segment and geographic presence such as consideration and pull-based sourcing
- In line with defined strategies, prescribe performance delivery standards and revenue targets for client acquisition channels
- Ensure accurate and timely delivery of client journeys, scripts and offers with appropriate infrastructure in place
- Work with stakeholders to ensure achievement of Segment-wise acquiring targets. Conduct root cause analysis and debottleneck issues, as required
- Implement and commercialise global standard Product program for Credit Cards. Work closely with Risk to have standardised credit, underwriting and verification policies for Credit Cards
- Collaborate effectively with the Segment teams, Client Acquisition and Relationship teams to leverage the eco-system and help deliver budgeted cards in force (CIF) targets
- Have oversight on Credit Cards product pricing in particular Annual fees and reversal policies. Coordinate closely with countries to ensure that fees are protected, growth in Balance sheet is revenue accretive and that Product level RoRWA thresholds are met
- Optimize and standardise fees and charges across markets in AME to create value for clients in line with TCF principles
- Support Learning team to develop appropriate training content for the acquisition, relationship and service teams
- Responsible for Portfolio health on Credit Cards - delivery through regular engagement with Risk teams in country, region and group to track portfolio performance (through lead indicators) and taking necessary actions to ensure loan impairment is within approved and acceptable limits.
- Responsible for ensuring governance and controls around Credit Cards is in line with CAD and global product programs. In particular ensuring that there is a documented and standardised process with credit policy to have oversight on securitisation and collateral management across markets
- Manage approval rates for Credit Cards in conjunction with the Client Acquisition and Relationship teams
- Work closely with the Regional Risk team, global product team and Client Relationship teams to introduce Portfolio management initiatives in AME markets
Product Launches & Product Maintenance
- Execute the global Product standardization and Product rationalization agenda for Credit Cards.
- Work with segment and frontline teams to identify client needs and launch existing global Credit Card product solutions to meet these needs. In the absence of existing global solutions work with the regional team to have the relevant proposition developed as a global solution for implementation
People & Talent
- Ensure organization structure & people programs appropriate to deliver plans.
- Implement and embed a high-performance culture through robust performance management and differentiated reward and recognition.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Ensure compliance and familiarity to standards
- Work with country Learning and Talent Development/ curriculum architects to set training standards at country level including those relating to compliance
- Work collaboratively with Financial Crime Compliance and L&C on Client Due Diligence and KYC processes
- Provide input to governance and operational risk to define measures and controls for prevention of mis-selling, misrepresentation, fraud and for adherence to Treating Clients Fairly principles
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Bank's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Bank operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the UAE and AME Credit Cards products teams to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients, Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- AME Regional CPBB teams
- Country Heads of Consumer, Private and Business Banking: for local ownership of executing on regional credit card product initiatives
- Regional and Country Credit Policy, Underwriting teams
- Head Product / Segment: to develop appropriate products and CVP to support business growth.
- Head Client Experience: support and guidance on process redesign & governance/control standards. Also provide platform for Client experience oversight & Monitoring.
- Chief Operations Officer: support and guidance on process redesign & governance/control standards.
- Head of Finance: to provide finance/performance measurement support.
- Group Credit Cards teams: provide support/collaboration on overall strategy and alignment on key priorities
Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in Africa and Middle East credit card product teams; Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures Qualifications
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications - Relevant degree
- Licenses and Certifications/accreditations - as required by role remit and responsibility
- Languages - fluency in business English
About Standard Chartered
- Enhanced working knowledge of Credit Cards in multiple markets
- Enhanced multi-product and Segment (Personal/ Business/Digital) knowledge
- Market and competition knowledge
- Strong analytical skills and core banking/ asset products system knowledge
- Stakeholder management and influencing skills for problem solving
- Presentation skills
- Financial and analytical skills
- Leadership & People Management
- Strong Inter-personal skills and ability to influence other functions
- Rewards and compensation
- Career development and training
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers