Head, Property, SPM Commercial Performance
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities: Strategy
Processes Supply Partner Management
- Embeds the performance and commercial model $200m contract value and change programme impacting 38 countries in EA and AME
- Facilitates the cross transfer of best practice Performance and Pricing model and principles to the Asia 22 countries, contract value USD500M.
- Drives the refreshed commercial and performance strategic intent for supply partnership(s) towards the Property Future of Work aspiration, twice the experience, half the space.
- Demonstrates the performance and commercial benefits of our partnering arrangements so as to meet stakeholder expectations
- Key point of contact with Supply Partner Commercial Leads at an Account Level. Provides leadership in resolving material commercial matters
People and Talent
- Accountable to ensure supply partners performance and commercial outcomes meet expectations as documented within contractual agreements
- Accountable to the Head, SPM to ensure the bank drives greater value from our partnerships; leveraging pricing models, incentives, new initiatives
- Responsible for embedding enhanced EA and AME Performance and Pricing model for Core services and Transformation activity at country, region and group level.
- Accountable for facilitating the cross transfer of best practice Performance and Pricing model and principles to the Asia region
- Responsible for validating the accurate payment of management fees to supply partners, based on achievement of transformational outcomes.
- Responsible for the recommendation to reset mechanism for Management Fee and incentivisation in response to material portfolio movements under future Of Work initiatives
- Providing recommendations and inputs to refresh operational and transformational scorecard content based on feedback and Property plans
- Engages with key stakeholders CHoPs, CFOs etc. on supply partnerships transformational performance and commercials
- Collaborates as the key point of contact with Supply Partner Commercial Leads at an Account Level; validation of quarterly and annual commercial etc
- Responsible for investigating and leading dispute resolution for supply partnership material commercial matters
- Demonstrates the benefits generated through an independent PMO model and periodically, benchmarks Variable Project Management fees.
- Regularly tracks supply partnership financials so at to validate commercial business case and provide transparent stakeholder insights.
- Alignment with SCM on commercial objectives and outcomes at group, region and country level. Track to completion
- Alignment with supply partners for Sahar charging methodology, transformational incentivisation mechanisms and payment
- Validate Kingfisher financials. Track transaction and incentive Fees, also rebates due to partners at account level for improved storytelling for the true cost and benefits of the partnership agreement.
- Collaborates with Supply Partner to ensure Kingfisher Best In Class model is operational.
- Interface with Asset Management and Projects team to ensure alignment to FOWN roll out and the commercial impacts of misalignment.
- Ensure MSA commercial obligations are met. Specifically sample test supply partner actual annual billing and maintain audit trail.
- Alignment to Middle Office / FOWN interface to ensure commercial goals and incentives are dynamically up-to-date.
- Interface with data and analytics team to automate: KPI tracking, management fee mechanism, transformational initiative tracking for incentive payments and any additional tracking related to commercial outcomes as defined the contractual arrangements.
- Alignment with Operational and Property Risk to mitigate any risks related to commercial outcomes with the Supply Partners.
- Sets the vision and objectives for the Property team (FTEs and partners) for the refreshed transformational commercial performance model
- Collaborates with HR defining and implementing Job Family training/ capability requirements to meet the new objectives.
Ensuring that the residual risks within the scope of role responsibilities remain within appetite. This includes:
- Challenge and verify Regional First Line risk identification and assessments, in line with changes in the internal and external environment
- Identify and report key risks and ensure where outside of the risk appetite they are escalated to the appropriate body for risk acceptance
- Maintain a good understanding of regional applicable laws and regulations pertaining to PROPERTY Risk control areas
- Design, implement and maintain controls and mitigants where gaps have been identified
- Ensure effective communication of policies and other control requirements
- Define any additional control indicators and control sample testing requirements as appropriate for managing supply partner and commercial and performance risk
- Monitor supply partnerships compliance with and effectiveness of the risk control environment
- Monitor 'live' risk issues and events material to the Bank and verify whether appropriate management action is being taken to mitigate their impact
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure supply partners commercial and performance outcomes meet with the contractual frameworks, bank policy and standards inc TPRM etc.
- Advise governance bodies on key risks, the effectiveness of mitigants and controls, and alignment of residual risks with appetite
- Ensure at all times supply partnership outcomes under role purview are audit ready
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the associated Property Supply Partnership colleagues to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Regional CEO/CFO's
- Country CEO/CFO's
- Country Head of Property's (CHoPs) in region
- Regional Heads of SPM
- Global, Property, COO
- Global, Property Head of SPM
- As defined by Global Head, Property, SPM.
Preferred Qualifications (experience more important than qualifications):
- Real Estate, Quantity Surveying, Building Services, Business/Finance, Procurement, related degree.
- CORENET MCR or equivalent Property related accreditations.
- Preferred experience - Real Estate, Commercial Management or Supply Chain
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.