Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with a major metals producer looking to hire a Sustainability Manager to join the team in the Middle East.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for spearheading the development of the company’s environmental and sustainability strategies, leading the division and ensuring maximum focus on these matters in the short, medium and long term
- Implement initiatives of biodiversity, renewable energy and green technology to achieve Greenhouse Gas (GHG) reduction
- Ensure the company effectively produces environmentally sustainable aluminium (green aluminium) by utilising relevant technology and excellent knowledge of regulatory and market requirements
- Defining the company’s sustainability vision and supporting top management strategies to ensure the smelter thrives in the current market conditions
- Achieve sustainability certification bodies including World Resources Institute (WRI), World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), World Economic Forum (WEF), Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI), International Aluminium Institute (IAI)
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 10+ years’ experience in environmental and sustainability sector within the metals and mining industry, with specific aluminium exposure for a smelter / producer
- Bachelor’s or Masters Degree within environment science, engineering, environmental management or related subject
- Excellent communication and leadership ability
- Excellent track record of developing and implementing effective sustainability strategies for a producer/smelter within the mining and metals sector
- Located in Middle East or happy to relocate