Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top FinTech's to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi. We offer a range of products including FX risk management, trade finance, currency accounts, international payments and API integration. Head of Desk - Partnerships
A senior member of our Front Office team, the Head of Desk has responsibility for leading a sales team, establishing sales objectives and implementing sales programs. They are instrumental in ensuring a positive, supportive and motivational culture here at Ebury, maintaining and improving sales performance through the training, coaching and development of their team.
This is a great opportunity to join Ebury at an exciting time in our development, make a tangible contribution to both our growth and company culture and be rewarded for your performance. The Job
As a Head of Desk you will:
- Lead a sales team in developing prospects, leading by example, coaching and mentoring your team. You will be responsible for developing their skills and helping them progress through their career.
- Pitching and closing deals with prospective partners, by phone and face to face meetings
- Managing the relationship for new partners to ensure smooth on-boarding and referrals.
- Provide accurate forecasting of expected sales volume
- Implement regional sales programs for sales action and training plans with your team and fellow Heads of Desk
- Ensure adherence to company wide sales methodology and sales administration processes
- Be involved in the recruitment and on-boarding of new team members.
This role requires a candidate that has previous experience in targeting and acquiring partners for a business with a view to generate incoming underlying clients. As a Head of Desk you will build a team around you to reach and manage more partners. Therefore proven success in managing and building teams is essential. Given our product road map we work closely with the regulators in order to be able to release products that are properly reviewed and to the appropriate client base. It's important that the candidate has a good understanding of regulations in the DFSA and prior experience with the DFSA will be advantageous. Skills and Experience
About Us Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
- A track record of sales management within international payments or other fintech (e.g. import lending, export lending, international payments and collections, cash management)
- Financial Services experience and network would be an advantage
- Experience of the local UAE market
- First-class communication skills
- Demonstrable ability to mentor, coach and develop people
- Skilled negotiator, able to build and leverage relationships at senior levels within other organisations
- Fluent English essential
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.
Please submit your application on the careers website directly, uploading your CV / resume in English.