The Manager - COB Lending
represents the Operational role in Client Onboarding
business as an operations staff to carry out activities in executing Mortgage, Auto, Personal Lending products in line with banks laid down processes. Role further ensures that operational risks are effectively managed. The Manager - Loan operations role is to focus specifically on execution, controls, governance and supervision end to end. Processes
Ensure the key activities mentioned below is performed as per the laid down procedures and service level agreement with the stakeholders for Loan onboarding.
People and Talent
- Reconciliation exception monitoring.
- Letter/ Client Communication issuance.
- Cheque banking for processing fee, valuation fee etc
- RTA portal updation for Auto Loans cases.
- Report monitoring.
- Complaint monitoring.
- Custodianship activities.
- Regulatory reporting(s).
- Mortgage Liaison activities.
- Follow-up with the relevant authorities on the collateral documents
- Preparation of Title deed MIS for BORF reporting
- Ensure timely service delivery and transaction processing related to Loans/ Lending products as per SLA and laid down procedures.
- To achieve high productivity and process efficiency thereby resulting in improved service quality and a high level of Customer Satisfaction.
- Ensure to govern Global Business Services "GBS" in a way to identify discrepancies/ gaps in the processing of activities which is performed by them.
- Ensure that escalation is done immediately in case of any issues.
- Ensure that audit deliverables meet quality standards and timelines in line with the GIA methodology including Islamic Banking
- Effectively manage the loans processing from a cost/benefit/risk/service perspective.
- Provide feedback for SRRMs
- Review process notes and ensure to provide a quality feedback on the process notes by putting relevant controls to mitigate the risk.
- Constantly improve upon service quality as measured through customer satisfaction scores and customer compliant tracking / resolution.
- Ensure Service Requests TAT is monitored and proper action plan is in place to ensure all SRs are within the agreed TAT.
- Ensure referrals are monitored and plan should be in place to reduce the referrals volumes.
- Exploring the ideas by keeping the Operational agenda of 'Digitization', 'Agile' and 'Lean', which includes automation, simplification and hubbing of the processes.
- Ensure to deliver the task/ assignment on time which will be given as and when required
- Responsible for driving appropriate culture and values within the team. Setting appropriate tone and expectations for the team, working in collaboration with risk and control partners across all functions to effectively embed a strong culture of risk awareness and good conduct for the Retail business
- Sound knowledge of financial documentation, general banking law and practices.
- Exposure to procedure improvement techniques and hands on experience in re-engineering exercise.
- Strong IT skills with a keen sense of technology solutions
- Be conversant with operational risk management techniques.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ensure that all in-country Processes and related PN's are fully compliant with the prevalent Group Policies & Procedures and Regulatory Directives / Guidelines (as applicable)
- Demonstrate a sustained proactive approach towards identifying potential risks & process gaps. Ensure adherence to ITO Protocols (MC, Incident Tracker, etc) and Group OR Procedures with respect to timely escalation to and acceptance by appropriate authorities, updates and mitigation actions. Work actively towards reducing CST exceptions.
- Reduce operational losses / revenue reversals
- Ensure Nil Internal & External Audits / Peer Review failures
- Work jointly with the Risk and Controls (R&C) function to conduct e2e reviews of High Risk processes.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for the effective Governing GBS team on all retail lending related transaction being executed in Hub.
- Responsible for escalation of issues, blockages, challenges and trends to the unit manager.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Staff should have understanding of the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Product / Sales/ Branches/ GBS
- Credit Initiation (CI)
- Customer Experience (CE)
- Operational Risk (OR)
- Process Development Unit (PDU)
About Standard Chartered
- Solid knowledge of Retail Banking products and operations of branch and other distribution channels .
- Relevant business experience in operations, business analysis or project management.
- Training on A3 and HCD
- Clear understanding of the Bank's Operational Risk Framework or equivalent experience gained in other organisations
- Demonstrated history of applying sound judgement with critical thinking skills and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong analytical skills, detail-focused with the ability to interpret large volume of information
- Problem solving skills with ability to influence across all levels of business
- Ability to independently drive initiatives with minimum hands-on supervision
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers