Mergers and Acquisitions Director - Consumer Products and Retail
Our clients are increasingly looking to us to help them plan for growth and analyse all aspects of their overall strategy, which can include inorganic growth. When you join our experienced M&A advisory team, you'll be at the heart of that challenge, guiding clients through every stage of their transaction lifecycle, be it acquisitions, disposals, management buy-outs, buy-ins, fundraising, initial public offerings, takeovers, mergers and strategic reviews. The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced M&A Transactions Advisory professional to join our high performing team. As a M&A Director, you will assist clients in assessing the strategic fit of a business by analyzing all aspects of a transaction, assessing the projected synergies, project managing the deal cycle, assisting in negotiations, and conducting financial modelling.
You will leverage off an extensive global network, empowering you to provide sector-focused advice on the sale process from strategic positioning to close, and help execute acquisitions, alliances and mergers. You may advise C-suite executives and boards on evaluating strategic alternatives in the context of transactions. Your key responsibilities
You will lead the execution of transactions across the client portfolio, preparing/reviewing client reports and key documentation for fund-raising, acquisitions and disposals. You will take an active role in business development activities including involvement in the preparation of pitch books and other marketing materials, and meeting with existing / target clients. You will also be responsible for the following:
Skills and attributes for success
- Originate and deliver transaction ideas, identifying opportunities, opening and leveraging relationships
- Project manage the transactions, driving the transaction timetable, ensuring quality on client deliverables, as well as managing counterparties and other advisers to ensure transaction milestones are met
- Understanding the key business drivers as well as predicting, identifying, and managing key issues and risks through insights, factual conclusions and advice
- Lead, develop and counsel junior colleagues, share knowledge, and take an active role in the growth and development of the whole team
Experience of corporate finance in an investment bank, professional services firm or boutique with a track record of working on both the buy-side and sell-side, as well as finance raising. The role would require strong numerical, financial and modelling skills based on a well-developed understanding of financial statements. You will have sound commercial judgment and an ability to generate creative solutions to problems. To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally, you will also have
- As a minimum, a Bachelor's degree ideally in a finance related topic or similar from a reputable University
- At least 7 to 8 years' experience in a M&A environment, including experience playing a key role in executing transactions
- In-depth understanding of the Consumer Products and Retail (CPR) sector
- Strong communication, presentation & project management skills
- Proven ability to produce high quality and impactful professional documents for clients and internal use
- Flexibility to travel (approx. 25 to 75%).
What we look for
- MBA or Master's degree in finance (or related field) from a reputable University
- CFA qualification
- Transactions experience in a client facing role within a professional services, investment bank or similar organisation(s)
- GCC experience or working in one of the mature markets
- Arabic language skills would be an asset
We are interested in highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you'll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. What working at EY offers?
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
- A culture that will encourage you to grow you skills and strengths for your own betterment as well as that or EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please complete the online application as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.