Office Assistant - COBAM AME
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Essentially responsible for managing the operation of the COBAM Head. This includes daily management of the schedule, ensuring that he knows his schedule 24 hours in advance and keeping meetings and appointments on time, or changing schedules when necessary. Also provides a bridge for smooth communication and coordination between the Business Head's office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management team.
- Responsible for the organization, coordination, follow-up, of paper files/records/documents and retrieval of documentation of the COBAM Head's agenda.
- Ability to anticipate the COBAM Head's needs, act accordingly and proactively bring together appropriate people and resources to support in addressing issues.
- Manage travel arrangements and proactively coordinate the pre-planning of trips, including arranging appropriate travel and accommodations, agendas, necessary contacts, marketing materials and other necessary preparations.
- Prepare and coordinate for incoming visits by seniors executives and non-executive directors.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects. Also, provide regular updates on the progress of assigned projects.
- Process and maintain expenses for the Head of COBAM.
- Document notes in executive meetings and follow up on assignments made.
- Handles confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement special events.
- Bachelor degree as a minimum, with an impeccable work history, with high level administrative or executive assistant experience; ideally within multinational organizations.
- Strong reading and comprehension skills
- Good communication skills and an ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong customer service mentality with an appreciation of how this applies to both internal and external clients
- Must be proactive, must be able to work independently and resolve problems or conflicts
- Confident, professional, polite, and respectful of others. Also possesses emotional maturity
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to anticipate the priorities of a senior executive and demonstrate confidentiality, discretion, and excellent judgment
- Must have exceptional organizational and time management skills; proven ability to anticipate business needs and priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to interface with senior stakeholders
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven corporate culture
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .