A notable UAE based firm with a specialisation in global real estate development seeks a Manager to grow their proprietary multi-sector investment portfolio with a particular emphasis on the UK and key European gateway cities.
The focus of this role is on maintaining and growing existing relationships and fostering new ones to source appropriate deal flow, conduct detailed due diligence and execute transactions, though the successful candidate will also be involved in ongoing asset management, periodic valuations, financing exercises and disposals / harvesting of assets to redeploy capital.
An excellent opportunity to be involved in and influence all aspects of the investment process (including strategy) and gain fantastic exposure to an International portfolio at a senior level.
The present investment strategy is UK focused, with a concentration on the hospitality and residential sectors (both Private Rented Sector and for sale), with a value-add to opportunistic thesis. Assets are sourced via on-market processes and off-market approaches and the Group is not restricted by hold period so retains the flexibility to tailor their strategy to suit market opportunities.
Identifying potential investment opportunities across the UK and key European gateway cities, conducting thorough due diligence including detailed investment appraisals
- Responsibilities include sourcing potential real estate investments via existing Group relationships, via their own networks and fostering new partnerships based on the approved investment strategy
- The successful candidate will influence the approved investment strategy based on market opportunities and trends as viewed by the collective management team
- Responsible for the analysis of real estate opportunities for the Group, including financial modelling (MS Excel), transaction structure analyses and preparing presenting / business ideas to stakeholders
- Responsible for contributing to any sales processes in terms of strategy, pricing, appointment of intermediaries and negotiations relative to the sale, legal agreements and other areas
Completing financial modelling, market reviews, appraisals, and cashflow models for each investment opportunity
- Screening of investment deal flow, underwriting, due diligence, structuring and execution of transactions, monitoring and divestments
- Rigorous underwriting process, including thorough due diligence, market review, valuation, legal, structuring, negotiation and input into the legal documentation
Prepare presentations, recommendations and further materials as required for use within and external to the organisation
- Strong analytical skills, numeracy and writing skills to prepare presentations, reports and recommendations to share with stakeholders and other
- Excel modelling, investment reports, market analysis
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, economics, finance, or real Estate.
- Strong academics with an IMC, CFA or CAIA qualification or significant progress towards achieving these designations required.
- AssocRICS or MRICS is advantageous but not a prerequisite.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the UK property market, research and/or analytical environments.
- The successful candidate will be keen to work across all functions of the business – from investment and finance underwriting to the operational management through to investor reporting.
- A successful track record of sourcing, structuring, financing, managing, and disposing of real estate.
- A confident, ambitious self-starter who wants to take ownership of a project and run with it as a key member of the deal team and asset management functions is what is required.
- A proactive work ethic, with a entrepreneurial attitude, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel.
Core Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Works efficiently and able to plan and prioritise time and workload
- Exercises tact and discretion in preparing, handling, and disclosing information of a confidential, controversial and/or sensitive nature
- Demonstrates accuracy and good attention to detail
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Strong analytical and communication skills, with a confident presenting style on technical matters with the ability to tailor content to an external or internal audience
- Experience of managing multiple projects, with the ability to multi-task and work accurately under pressure
- Superior understanding of how to find structure and close profitable real estate investments
- Knowledge of all types of real estate investments and multiple market knowledge
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Real estate development.
- Joint ventures
- Transaction management
- Risk management
- Stakeholder engagement