Role Responsibilities Role Purpose
Senior Resourcing Support, SCB MENA, is responsible for efficiently and effectively completing all resourcing administration processes for new hires and internal moves, including hardcopy CV management and system updating, interview scheduling, offer letter and contract creation, processing interview expenses and vendor invoices, pre-employment verification check co-ordination with external vendors. Additionally, the person is to occasionally manage the end-to-end resourcing process to deliver agreed targets for roles within assigned business areas, ensuring that the right candidates are recruited at the right time, at the right price. Partnering with Hiring Manager, the role holder will provide consultative and transactional support to deliver a comprehensive and value-add service, covering the recruitment of all local and cross-border hires, ensuring all resourcing activity is aligned to and effectively communicated the employer brand. Detailed Responsibilities: Needs Definition
- Develop effective relationships with Resourcing Specialists, ensuring that requirements are clearly understood and service levels are met
- Once coordinating end to end recruitment projects conduct structured business needs discussion with Hiring Managers before search commences, identifying the key role and candidate requirements, and agreeing the sourcing and selection strategy, respective roles and responsibilities, and timelines. Provide a full consultative service to Hiring Managers with regards to the recruitment industry and market trends.
- Support Resourcing Specialists in updating JRs and posting quality adverts aligned to the employer brand on to job boards
- Provide assessment / selection administrative support, as required e.g. candidate set up, pulling candidate profiles
- Print and compile documentation (e.g. CVs) for Resourcing Specialists, as required
- Once coordinating end to end projects design and deliver innovative sourcing strategies and solutions to meet business growth needs and generate diverse pools of applicants while closely controlling cost bases.
- Proactively search for, identify, network with and directly contact active and passive job seekers, both internally and externally, sourcing the very best candidates using a variety of channels that are aligned to and effectively communicate the employer brand, including:
1) Online advertising (careers website, external job boards) and automated electronic candidate searches
- Database mining, contacting potential candidates who have previously applied to SCB online.
3) Referrals, generating leads from applicants or employees.
4) Utilising internal Talent Management data (talent lists, etc.) to drive the "internal first" agenda wherever possible.
5) Liaising with recruitment agencies if required, briefing on requirements of the role and releasing via Taleo, ensuring we are communicating a clear employer value proposition via third party suppliers. Selection
- Initial CV and phone screening
- Schedule interviews and assessments, coordinating candidate, hiring manager, Resourcing Specialist diaries, booking rooms and facilities (e.g. video conferencing) as required
- Support relevant Resourcing Specialists in organizing assessment days and booking careers fairs, as required
- Once coordinating end to end recruitment processes assure e fficient end-to-end applicant management for each JR, i.e. timely review and short-listing of applications, promptly updating applicants and responding to any queries.
- Advise Hiring Managers on the appropriate assessment tools for different roles, developing relevant interview questions and analysing selection reports (as applicable) to assess the implications of candidates' strength profiles
- Advise Hiring Managers on which candidates to progress to the next stage, ensuring the right decisions are made, challenging the business' recommendations as required
- Manage any rejections who may be potentials for other roles, ensuring that rejections are handled appropriately and candidate contact is maintained
- Co-ordinate timely provision of feedback between the Hiring Manager and candidates. Responsible for ensuring timely and appropriate completion of interview feedback on Taleo by interviewers.
- Initiating Rehire checks and ABC if needed
- Produce and issue hiring forms; offer letters, contracts and packs promptly, ensuring all contract administration is completed promptly, accurately and efficiently and is signed off as required
- Track completion of all talent acquisition administration against deadlines e.g. contract return dates, joining letter issue dates, following up wherever required to ensure all administration is completed properly, in a timely manner
- Effectively manage routine and 'fast track' transactions
- Support Resourcing Specialists in completing work permit administration
- Support Resourcing Specialists in completing administration for international talent moves, as required
- Once coordinating end to end recruitment processes ensure all required approvals are obtained before offers are made
- Negotiate offers between Hiring Managers and candidates, assisting in the negotiation of release dates and backfill requirements where applicable. Work in partnership with PRB, HR BPs, IM and Hiring Managers to establish competitive, effective total reward packages in line with budgets and global policies.
- Manage the pre-employment screening process of new joiners to SCB MENA (all countries) using external vendors (where permissible), to meet the SCB MENA Staff Screening Standard
- Complete the Resourcing related Right Start pre-employment minimum standards (e.g. issuing contracts and induction communications, ensuring timely Bank ID creation and issuing standard notifications to hiring managers, HR RMs / Business HR where appropriate, confirming start dates and their Right Start responsibilities)
- Record remaining candidate details in Taleo/ SuccessFactors (or equivalent system) for Bank ID generation, resolving any problems with Bank ID creation / issue
- Ensure compliance with relevant operational and people risk controls and employment legislation e.g. data protection
- Perform any other talent acquisition related administrative duties, as required
Reporting & System Management
- Effectively manage general queries from candidates, hiring managers, suppliers and team members, identifying and resolving the root cause of any issues, managing issues appropriately and escalating for action as required
- Support team members in managing their workload to meet SLAs
- Partner with other Resourcing Supports in the country, region and network, to share knowledge and expertise, and resolve issues
- Providing regular onboarding updates to ensure accurate timelines with Resourcing Specialists/Managers.
- Effectively and efficiently use Taleo and Successfactors (or equivalent system) to manage the end to end talent acquisition process, recording all relevant details (e.g. applicant contact, interview times and dates) and keeping the system up to date at all times
- Review dashboards and other reports to identify and action any necessary system 'housekeeping' or compliance requirements e.g. archiving and deleting applications as required, removing duplicate JRs, closing JRs etc.
- Escalate any issues and risks, as appropriate so that they can be appropriately tracked and managed.
- Manage the required Resourcing Regulatory Reporting against Emiratisation.
- Compliance to Service Level Agreements, as specified locally
- Accountable for resourcing Support -related risks in country / region of responsibility
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of operational risks in areas of responsibility
- Proactive risk management; remain vigilant in identifying and managing forward-looking risks, flagging potential problems to relevant stakeholders in advance of issues arising.
- Act to minimise operational loss and audit failures and take proactive measures to respond to issues once they have arisen.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, learning from past failures to ensure constant control and governance awareness and prevent reoccurrences.
- Ensuring all reporting and metrics are delivered to pre-agreed standards
- Live the Group's Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and living by the Group's Valued Behaviours and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the region. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Work with the wider Centre of Excellence team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Support in driving the regulatory local requirements where relevant (eg. Emiratisation)
- Management of and participation in any ad-hoc projects, as necessary
Our Ideal Candidate
- Internal colleagues
- Hiring Managers
- External/Internal candidates
- HR Business Partners
- Resourcing Centre of Excellence
About Standard Chartered
- Successful track record of working successfully within an administrative environment, preferably within Talent Acquisition/HR (in-house or search firm / consultancy)
- Fluency at English
- Arabic language preferable
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Track record of working successfully in a very organized way, multi-tasking, prioritizing, managing data, and setting and achieving deadlines
- Ability to deal with a high volume of work, remaining positive when working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build strong relationships with internal and external customers
- Flexibility and customer focused approach
- Good written and verbal skills (sound grammar and attention to detail in written communication)
- Strong ability and desire to work as and be part of a team
- Ability to think laterally / solve problems
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Office)
- Knowledge of / exposure to relevant employment legislation (e.g. data protection)
- Knowledge of HR databases (e.g. SuccessFactor)
- Proven experience in working in a complex matrix, with a broad base of cultures, dealing with demanding and fast-paced client groups
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers