Roles and Responsibilities Strategy
- Improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of risk management processes within Enterprise Risk Management team for AME region
- Partner with countries across AME to identify challenges and provide solutions to meet their regulatory commitments on various ERM initiatives and help to better manage risks.
- Contribute to strategic Group projects and interact with various stakeholders including but not limited to Data Strategy, Business, Technology and Risk teams, ERM Centres of Excellence, Senior Management of the Development Group
- Ensure that models, data and other analytic processes are fit for purposes not only for regulatory estimates but also for daily business usage, underwriting decisions, risk appetite decisions and strategy design
- Support training initiatives for both the 1st line and 2nd line to encourage data driven decision in BAU risk management
- Participate in relevant model, data and analytics processes implementation and their user acceptance test to ensure they are appropriately implemented not only within the direct system environment but also its relevant downstream environments.
- Provide model, data, and analytic support to the Risk teams across AME region
- Support the Chief Risk Officers ("CROs") on stress testing and scenario analysis such as ICAAP, Climate Risk
- Deliver timely while ensuring compliance to applicable Group standards and policies.
People and Talent
- Support the Chief Risk Officer ("CRO") in management of principle risk where CRO is assigned as the Risk Framework Owner.
- Understand model related uncertainty risk such as data, regulatory, business strategy, that have a direct impact on the model's performance.
- Develop appropriate ORF controls that will allow us to provide assurance on model, data, and analytic processes.
- Help to build the appropriate culture and values. Work collaboratively with all relevant partners.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide timely and high-quality responses to both internal and external queries and requests.
- Keep abreast and address home and host regulatory changes relating to models. Support the initial and ongoing certification of risk models for use in capital requirement calculations and provisioning.
- Ensure that material risk exposures and related issues are reported to the responsible risk governance committees.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Reputational Risk, ERM team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Senior business and risk stakeholders and their team members:
- Country CRO;s in AME region
- Regional CRO
- Country RFO's and PRT owners
- Country Heads
- Group ERM Team
- Business and Control Function Heads
Our Ideal Candidate
- Regulators and Centrals Banks in AME region
- External Auditors
- Economic and Industry Associations
Role Specific Competencies
- Master's Degree in Quantitative Discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Financial Engineering, Engineering)
- Broad experience in Banking industry in risk governance / risk management;
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements, namely those from the Central Bank of UAE, PRA and Basel, IFRS9, BCBS 239, etc..
- Experience of working in Wholesale Lending Risk Analytics will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability for problem solving, working independently and attention to detail; Ability to use discretion and independent judgments.
- Software Skills: SQL, SAS, Python, R, Tableau
- Strong communication skills
About Standard Chartered
- Proficiency in SAS/R/Python or other statistical tool
- Data preparation and interpretation skills
- Ownership and accountability for deliverables / action
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers