The organisation is a well known international bank sepcialising in investments, financing and insurance. The role will be focusing on developing and executing an origination activity to originate structured trade finance transactions and identify the most relevant and key strategic projects which will have an ECA component and ideally receive support from their respective government
Reporting to the SEO, the role will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop an origination activity to identify Asset Finance opportunities in aviation of current and potential clients but also identify potential new business deals in shipping and rolling stock.
- Establish a relationship with the structured trade finance product teams of the most active banks in Middle East to maximize origination of transactions.
- Enhance develop a relationship with key importers of the region with a special focus on sovereign entities (i.e: Ministry of Finance (MOF) and stated owned companies) which are the most relevant borrowers by volume of STF transactions.
- Develop a relationship with the recently created Emirati ECA, Etihad Credit Insurance (ECI)
- Develop new target market client relationship in shipping. A special focus in LNG vessels for Qatar
The successful candidate should have the following:
- 7-9 years of structured trade finance/structured product experience at a bank, focusing on availation/shipping/rolling stocks/railways
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in economics/accounting/business/finance from a well reputed university
- A master's degree or a professional qualification is a plus
- Good communication, positive and highly pro-active entrepreneurial spirit to open new business opportunities.
- Strong Client business skills.
- Organization skills to develop a sustainable pipeline
- Willing to travel across GCC