About Standard Chartered
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
- The TB Client Service Middle East Manager is responsible for:
- Effectively managing the relationship health of the client portfolio, you are responsible for and delivering the highest quality client service standards across the region.
- Fully accountable for the client delivery outcomes
- Focus on digitization and client lifecycle management
- Adopt and execute data requirements for call capturing and activity logging
- Timely feedback to line manager and client service and strategy team
- Easily adopt ad hoc projects and product changes
- Keep abreast of product offerings in the markets covered and identify cross sell opportunities
- Have a growth mindset to upskill yourself proactively and share best practice with the wider team
- To drive exceptional client service satisfaction and successful delivery of the bank's client servicing proposition.
- Develop and implement best practices to drive positive client experience and proactively lead operational efficiency efforts and process improvements
- Establish understanding of the CCIB and TB business strategy and leadership expectations, ensure client servicing standards are met or exceeded
Act as the point of escalation for critical client issues, mitigating unnecessary TB Sales/RM involvement wherever possible. Exercise appropriate judgement on escalation items and engage the relevant internal
- stakeholders resolve locally or escalate centrally for thematic, organisational issues beyond the scope of country resolution.
- Ensure thematic country client issues are appropriately captured and are raised to the relevant client experience forums or escalated to the regional Client Service Forum for effective resolution.
- Involvement of any relevant ad hoc projects and strategic initiatives requiring TB Client Service India Team Manager support
- Proactively drive client servicing effectiveness by:
- Participate regular team meetings to discuss key client issues and ensure these are tracked to completion
- Maintain the regional client service issue log for tracking and remediation, proactively drive local issue resolution and escalate to relevant Client Service Forums, as required
- Lead service improvement discussions with Coverage/Sales, Product and Functional partner leadership teams
- Proactively deepen local Functional Partner relationships to build strong collaboration and alignment
- Collaborate with the Client Service Forum/Working Group on a regular basis (participating in global engagement calls) to review issue logs/ensure priority issues/escalations are being addressed and provide ongoing feedback on challenges, successes and best practices
- Effectively support key Client Service Manager initiatives/ad-hoc projects (as identified) to drive positive client experience
- Share and replicate best practises with other TB Client Service Managers in other regions.
- Drive discipline in logging client complaints in accordance with the Bank's Complaints Policy and ensure follow through to resolution.
- Review relevant client service insights through available reports in GEMs to identify trends in servicing gaps and take proactive steps to address root cause issues
- Ensure service review discussions are captured via call reports and shared with the relevant teams. Track action items post service calls for internal and client feedback and updates.
- Drive improved ways of working across coverage, product and functional partners, leveraging relevant meetings/forums (existing or newly introduced) to achieve stronger cross-functional collaboration
- Ensure all role mandatory learning is undertaken in accordance with the bank's policy
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Ensure portfolio hygiene, Risk Management and Group Values and Code of Conduct standards are being maintained/adhered to.
- Ensure all data protection, encryption and client sensitive information is treated as confidential and process followed in line with group guidelines.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate and mitigate risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local regulator [PRA/FCA] prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
- TB Sales
- TB COO
- TB Product
- GAM / FAM / RAM/ARMs
- Product Partners
- Key functional partners i.e., IMO, Credit, MDU, Legal, Compliance, Product Ops (Trade, Cash, FMO etc), Finance, Marketing
- Function Support teams (Risk, Compliance, Legal)
- Region / Country Leadership team
External Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's degree in Banking or Finance preferred.
- Ideally 10+ years' experience in banking or other relevant environment
- Languages: English and/or local language skills as relevant to country requirements
- 10+years years relevant banking experience
- Comprehensive Cash management products knowledge such as (FX, Payments, Liquidity mgmt., fiduciary services, cash management processes)
- In-depth and broad technical understanding of end-to-end client and trade life cycles in cash management space.
- Experience in critical transactional Support by facilitating resolution for complex transactions related issues and exception handling
- Experience in collaborating effectively with regional /global stakeholders across functions to come up with sustainable client centric solutions to resolve escalated issues or complaints.
- Experience in global stakeholder management - ability to influence stakeholders by efficiently explaining service requirements and demonstrating impact of client service as a key competitive driver.
- Contribute effectively to proactive service initiatives locally such as Client Service Plans in a coordinated fashion with RMs and Global Account Managers
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers