Unit Head, Priority Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Drive the performance of the unit towards achieving the targets set for the business in terms of sales volumes/ new customers/ portfolio growth.
Business Performance Management
- Manage a team Customer Relationship Managers and Sales Representatives responsible for acquiring/ deepening/ widening customer's relationships.
- Manage performance against targets of all CRMs, SR, & CSMs.
- Drive the team to achieve the budgeted cross sell targets.
- Constantly develop and manage existing and alternate acquisition channels for sourcing and referral.
- Develop and implement marketing and sales promotions in conjunction with the marketing and central teams.
- Conceptualize, develop and implement sales incentives programs and sales contests along the product manager.
- Provide intelligence report to senior management on competitor products and services & customer needs.
- Review and recommend to product champions on our product & service offerings in the market.
- Promote a positive public image that ensures wide recognition of the value and quality of WM offerings by organizing seminars, sponsoring key events, etc.
- Responsible for enhancing & maintaining operational integrity across the full range of products and processes.
- To ensure the quality of the portfolio is maintained within the acceptable parameters as defined by global and local policy.
- Establish a lead generation and tracking mechanism for the business.
- Manage day-to-day financial and key indicators in PrB for the unit.
- Conduct regular review of potential business and profitability of the affluent customer segment for the unit.
- Review and improve productivity and cost indicators for the region.
- Drive performance to increase the percentage of active customers from the total customer base.
- Define MIS requirements.
- Drive a culture of compete adherence to local and international service standards for affluent customer segment.
- Ensure branches take responsibility for delivering the appropriate service standards to Priority customers for the unit.
- Design a mechanism to ensure that other service delivery channels provide a consistently high level of service quality to Priority customers.
- Ensure all points of customers contact practice service excellence in handling customer issues, complaints, etc.
- Handling escalated customer complaints effectively and ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
- Manage customer satisfaction surveys and ensure 98% satisfaction score.
- Providing leadership, coaching and support to the team members by setting SMART objectives, managing performance, identifying development needs, fulfilling training requirement and motivating the team.
- Develop Tests/ Quizzes/ Certification to update the assess product knowledge in the staff.
- Ensure staff training and development to maintain focus on service, sales & risk.
- Manage the sales/ service team.
- Provide the necessary mentoring & motivation to raise the moral of the team members.
- Encourage development of new ideas, concepts within the team.
- Lead the team in conforming and behaving as per the values of the Bank.
- Ensure KYC/AML updates, proper zero error documentation.
- Updating the C - Manager, adhering to the Contact Management Plan.
- Ensure full awareness of all policies and procedures issued in relation to money laundering prevention and KYC.
- Ensure compliance with the above policies on an ongoing basis and reported any suspicious transaction immediately to the supervising officer.
- Ensure full awareness of all policies relating to operational risk, sales processes, anti-mis selling, etc and comply with the same.
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- To be able to detect any suspicious transactions, Money laundering, forgeries etc
- Highest compliance with reference to Anti Bribery, Anti Money Laundering & Combating Financial Crime Risk procedures.
- Ensure all GPS standards are followed and adhered.
- Good knowledge groups policies, standards, local regulations and legislations of the prevention of money laundering and adherence to group code of conduct.
- Obtain Security & Commodity Authority (SCA) license and timely completion of Continuous Program Development (CPD) requirement post SCA licensing. This is a mandatory requirement for the role.
- Product Manager - Priority Banking - for Launch and implementation of product campaigns
- Customer Service Manager - WM - for Product services to the customers
- Units Heads - Treasury - for Implementation of sales strategies
- Branch Mangers - for Implementation of sales strategies
- Marketing Managers - WM - for Coordinate marketing and research activities
- Country Money Laundering Prevention Officer
- L& C
- CB-Ops and GSSC
- Existing and Prospective Customers - for Acquisition and retention of Business.
- Ability to maintain a highly decent professional environment in the Priority Centre.
- Educate Clients on using of other delivery channels.
- University Post Graduate, Professional Banking & Accountancy/ MBA Finance qualified preferred.
- Relevant experience in senior management position in Banking Sector.
- Thorough knowledge of consumer banking products and exposure to Trade Services, Treasury and Cash Management products and services.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent leadership qualities with ability to motivate subordinates.
- Have good knowledge of the group Policy, Standards, Local Regulations and Legislation of the prevention of money laundering.
- Experience of managing a sales team in banking setup.
- To be able to detect any suspicious transactions, Money Laundering, Forgeries, etc.
- Creativity in problem solving for resolving complex customer issues with the framework of the group policy.
- Analysing economic trends, global markets, customer needs and competitive products to structure priority banking offerings.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.